Propantheline - UK User

Welsh89

Hi guys.

I have been a member of this forum for a while and have read over people's stories and experiences lots and have finally decided to follow advice I got from reading on here. In return I want to give my experience of using the drug Propantheline. Even if this can somewhat help one person as much as others have helped me it will be completely worth it.

Firstly I will give you some background info on myself.

During my teenage years I was extremely confident and also very popular. I was captain of the sports teams in school, always had a girlfriend, and was probably the most least likely person to develop a social anxiety problem. Now, I always sweated more than the average guy, but back then I felt invincible and it was never a problem, as it was only on hot days I would sweat a fair bit on my forehead when it ever became noticeable to me. As I got older this became worse and worse and also more generalized, until I'd be almost constantly sweating. Now I'm not an unfit guy, Id actually consider myself to be fitter than the average person, but I can walk for five minutes and suddenly be dripping to the point id look like id just done a five mile run. The social anxiety part came mostly in bars and restaurants which would also cause the same effect as walking, except id just be sat there eating or drinking, but also dripping with sweat from my face and also soaking my t-shirt and trousers through. This condition eventually cost me my degree at university as I became unable to attend lectures due to not wanting to be sitting there dripping with sweat.

I have used countless antiperspirants and wipes but nothing to combat all of the generalized sweating. I'm currently at the point where I sweat a little about 70% of the time, however I can be set off into a 'sweating episode' by a number of things. These usually range from; suddenly becoming the centre of attention, talking to people I don't know very well, eating around anyone, being in bars or restaurants, rushing around in any sort of way, any type of exercise or walking.

My 'sweating episode' will result in me starting to sweat profusely from nearly all parts of my body and then experiencing extreme anxiety, this loop will then continue for any length of time ranging from minutes to an hour.

I finally arranged an appointment with my GP who firstly did some blood tests on me, which came back normal, and then finally, after a lot of pushing by myself, prescribed me with Propantheline.

So from here on in I will give my experience of using this drug.

I decided to test it out on Friday and take my girlfriend (who is very accepting of this issue) out for a meal. I purposely didn't eat for the morning before getting the pills so took one (which are the standard dose) on a completely empty stomach. Around two hours later we went out to the restaurant for dinner. The drive to the place (of about 40 mins) would usually have my back sweating from being sat in the car went quite well, I found myself to be reasonably dry, no sweat that I could tell from anywhere. We went into the restaurant which was quite busy and sat on a table next to a radiator which was on full blast.... The first thing my girlfriend said was "oh do you want to move somewhere else", so straight away it was made a 'thing' of. I decided to really test it out so decided to stay where we were. We sat there and I could feel the heat of the radiator but to my surprise there was no sweat. We then decided what we wanted to eat, so I went up to the bar and ordered out stuff and came back.... Nothing. At this point I relaxed completely and the rest of the meal went brilliantly. It was the most relaxed I have been at a meal in almost ten years. Now this could have been completely psychological and I could have just been having a good day, but whatever happened it seemed to work for me and I am not going to complain.

I am going to test this properly for the first time tomorrow so will inform you of my results.

Sorry for the long post!

Just to add as a note, this drug is not used as primary care for hyperhidrosis, so my doctor was pretty useless with her dosage instructions. She pretty much just told me to find out the best dosage for myself. I know from reading other peoples accounts that it works best on an empty stomach.

Wish me luck!