Private people!!!!!!!!

Why are some people SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRIVATE,always very guarded and dont say much of personal stuff to you(i know i know it's up to them,just puzzles me and its nothing to do with being nosy).

To me i take the intepretation that they have something to hide, secrets and want to project an image to people...

Maybe it's me cos im a guy that wear's his heart of his sleeve,an open book type of person and straight up with people who has nothing to hide.

Phoenixx

I'm a very private person in real life (despite how I am here), and think part of it that I feel like I have something to hide. The reason I don't tell things about myself to people is because I don't want them to know about them, either because either because I'm ashamed or am afraid of how they will react to them. I try to be more open but for the most part I'm an impenetrable fortress, with my heart kept in a small locked box where no one can see it.
^ Exactly this. I'm also a very private person. I'm a bit more open on here, but I still keep some things private mostly because I'm afraid of someone finding me here. Also because I always feel like I have something to hide. I'm quite afraid to spill secrets and be an open book because I'm afraid of people's reactions. I'm afraid they'd think of me differently, and not in a good way. As much as I'd like to be open with someone, I don't think I'd ever be able to be 100% open with someone, no matter who it is. My fears just set me back too much.

vexatiousmind

Why are some people so open?

I don't want to know every detail of everyone's life.

Some things are private. For example, family affairs should stay in the family.

Also, they be secret spies.

da_illest101

Why are some people so open?

I don't want to know every detail of everyone's life.

Some things are private. For example, family affairs should stay in the family.

Also, they be secret spies.

I'm wondering the same thing. Some people think that because they tell me everything that i should tell them everything too.

Predacon

I'd have thought having SP would by its very nature make most people with it very private just as a default setting.

Nitro

In my experience "opening up" and trusting people with too much information always ends badly. They'll usually just end up using it as ammunition against you later on when you fall out with each other.

I'd have thought having SP would by its very nature make most people with it very private just as a default setting.

In my experience "opening up" and trusting people with too much information always ends badly. They'll usually just end up using it as ammunition against you later on when you fall out with each other.

I think these 2 posts sum it up perfectly.:)