present it confidently

hey people its me again :greeting:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay , anyway

how is it going people , for me if you are interested to know Iam doin great I started to read words only and inshallah the next step is going to be sentences and the last paragraphs :applause:

if I didnt tell ya I Put my name in the scientific research group
and Iv been working in it for weeks , me and my best friend and we are almost done

they gave us papers today on how we should present it

the steps :

*your clothes , your Behavior and your CONFIDENT Leaves its impact on the arbitrator
*you have to smile , you have to present it confidently and without nervousness
*use body language while presenting (I am very good at this :applause:)
*interact with the arbitrator
and a lot of pla pla pla that I dont give a sh!t about it
now .......
my problem is the 2 one Iam good in talking as I said but sometimes I get some blocks and Sound prolongation
explain more
EX : English is so easy(this is the normal way )
but for me : english isss so ____ easy
I dont really care about when Iam reading or talking in class but Iam afraid the arbitrator may notice it :crying:

any Ideas in order to stop these things or at least make it less while talking

Last edited:

OTGrl

Honestly, I struggle giving speeches/ academic discussions. I've done thousands at this point and still get nervous and sweaty. However, I have found that if I write down a simplified version and memorize it, then write key words that will trigger the simplified info while presenting, I have more confidence and don't sound like I am crying or get real shaky when presenting (as I would otherwise).

Also, remember to stop and take a breath when talking. This will help calm you.

Going with confidence that you know what you are going to be saying will help you greatly! Practice, practice, practice.

I have to present my grad school research findings in front of my entire department and graduating class in a few months. I know I'll be very nervous!

Honestly, I struggle giving speeches/ academic discussions. I've done thousands at this point and still get nervous and sweaty. However, I have found that if I write down a simplified version and memorize it, then write key words that will trigger the simplified info while presenting, I have more confidence and don't sound like I am crying or get real shaky when presenting (as I would otherwise).

Also, remember to stop and take a breath when talking. This will help calm you.

Going with confidence that you know what you are going to be saying will help you greatly! Practice, practice, practice.

I have to present my grad school research findings in front of my entire department and graduating class in a few months. I know I'll be very nervous!

well thank ya for your tips
just a note for what you said ( I know I'll be very nervous! )
dont say this you have to send positive massages to your mind hunny

and for you presentation good luck , you should try hypnotherapist
I will do it too and see if it will help me or not

selon

I'm gonna say something that I used to hate being told because it never made any sense to me. Until one presentation that is, and that presentation changed my life when it comes to public speaking.

So please don't be mad at me for giving such a seemingly stupid piece of advice:

Remember that everyone in the audience has to use the loo at some point or another during the day.

I had to give a 20min presentation in philosophy and was terribly nervous. I started out reading from my piece of paper. Then I looked up and saw their faces. Even my friends were bored out of their mind. Then it hit me: they all have to ****. And somehow this lifted the pressure. I put the piece of paper on the table and just talked about the points from the powerpoint. It wasn't my best speech, I used a lot of eeehms and like and you know etc but it changed the whole atmosphere in the room!

Later my friends asked me what had happened and I told them. They were like 'iiiieww' but I don't care it worked for me!!

OTGrl

well thank ya for your tips
just a note for what you said ( I know I'll be very nervous! )
dont say this you have to send positive massages to your mind hunny

and for you presentation good luck , you should try hypnotherapist
I will do it too and see if it will help me or not

You are so right, but I try to be honest with myself about a situation. However, I also know that if I do as I suggested for you, I won't sound or seem nervous and my only nerves will happen for about 5 mins prior to the speech and that's it (it's actually healthy for this to happen). I used to be nervous days before hand, but now it's just a brief 5 min thing. No matter who you are, SA or not, presenting in front of hundreds of people for over an hour is intimidating (I remind myself of this as a way to remember that I am not the only one who will feel some kind of nerves). That's why I will practice A LOT until I am fully confident in what I am saying and the nerves will dissipate from there. My research chairs actually want me to present at a big conference next October. I will practice even more for that one! I will say, I was told to write on a piece of paper all the positives and put it in my pocket and envision it when I get nervous. For example, I'd write "My professor wants me to succeed." or "My classmates are here to support me, not judge me." etc and it actually helped. I also like to stop and look at my wedding and engagement ring and remind myself that at the end of the day, my marriage is what matters most. So what if I get a little shaky during a presentation? It's not the end of the world. I mean how much of an impact does one presentation really have on our lives? There are far more important things.

jaim38

So please don't be mad at me for giving such a seemingly stupid piece of advice:

Remember that everyone in the audience has to use the loo at some point or another during the day.

Great advice! When I did my presentation, I see people checking their cell phones too. It helps to know that some people are bored because when I mess up, I can just shove it under the rug because people are too bored/sleepy/distracted to care.

OTGrl

Great advice! When I did my presentation, I see people checking their cell phones too. It helps to know that some people are bored because when I mess up, I can just shove it under the rug because people are too bored/sleepy/distracted to care.

LOL so true! Half the time people aren't paying any attention! :)