post-breakup depression...it's a bitch

chrisjurban

so i just broke up with my gf a week and a half ago, because i wanted to explore freedom and myself and my own personality. but now i feel like ****. there isn't a moment i'm not thinking about her, needing her and missing her terribly. i feel like i can barely stand in the thick-ass sludge of emotion, like there's no way through it. i figure that if i stay busy and make new connections with people, it'll keep my mind a little more occupied...but haha, of course, social anxiety makes it very difficult, even though i'm a little more drawn to people than i usually am because that's kinda natural when you feel down.

so idk. any stories, experiences, etc. that might help? does it help a lot to be out there and make new connections to replace the one you had? how did you accomplish it?

miss_amy

All I can say is time does make it better. Try to keep as busy as you can to attempt to take your mind off her. I know it isn't easy but it won't feel like that forever.

WeirdyMcGee

Keep yourself busy.
In time, things will get better.

It's been 2 years for me so far but I've been unable to work-- I think if I could work and had a friend or two, I might be a bit better off; slightly less depressed and drowning in self-hate.

Section_31

its amazing how the body and emotions and human heart can recover. It takes a very long time, and its going to hurt like hell for a while. How long varies from person to person..

The best thing you can do is try to take care of yourself. Dont try to avoid dealing with it, its a form of mourning over a loss, not much different than a death. If you feel sick and you need to stay in bed, you do that, right?. The same thing applies here.

Its a huge thing, but you eat an elephant one piece at a time. Take each day as it comes, and little by little it WILL become easier, though you may not think it will.

Lccska

The pain is horrible, but if you know it's not a good relationship, you have to make a change. I broke up with my 1st boyfriend, then cried for 2 years. I never considered returning to the relationship though. It was very unhealthy for me. Time is the answer. And try to view it as a life lesson. Whatever it was about the relationship that you didn't like, don't let yourself get back into another relationship that is the same.