Post a random fact about yourself...

Random fact about me: I hate the world "octopuses." It's just as bad as mooses and fishes and deers, but it's an "acceptable" word because some dude in Wiscon-fullof-sin says so. Hmmmph. :rolleyes:

THIS IS OCTOPI!!

First, Wikipedia is totally on my side.

Second, Xkcd is totally on my side.

That's pretty much the whole internet as far as I'm concerned, so you're wrong.

hoddesdon

The "Pocket Oxford English Dictionary", Fourth Edition, p. 544 also supports "octopuses". Until now, I thought it was "octopi" too.

Last edited:
I'm in FIBland you dirty cheese eating, Packer loving, beer guzzling, almost Canadian (sorry Weirdy, Blabla, and the others :)), badger loving, Swissconsin loving hippie. You just wish you were in FIBland with all the other cool kids.

You're just jealous because our football team can win once in a while (like, ya' know, the Super Bowl?)

forksandspoons

I LOVE astronomy. I love to learn about the universe. I find it mind boggling and fascinating. It is so ****ing big and we are so small. I could go on for hours lol.

Oh and **** the Packers. Go Eagles :D

You're just jealous because our football team can win once in a while (like, ya' know, the Super Bowl?)

I don't even like football...

I LOVE astronomy. I love to learn about the universe. I find it mind boggling and fascinating. It is so ****ing big and we are so small. I could go on for hours lol.

Oh and **** the Packers. Go Eagles :D

... but yeah, *^#@ the Packers! (And the Eagles, too, 'cause you guys are going down tonight!) :D

Phoenixx

This whole time I thought it was octopi and apparently it's octopuses....

Yeah, I'm still using octopi. I like the way it sounds. ::p:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
This whole time I thought it was octopi and apparently it's octopuses....

Yeah, I'm still using octopi. I like the way it sounds. ::p:

Yes me too, who cares what the dictionary says. We're like word rebels now. ::p::D:rolleyes:

coyote

I'm in FIBland you dirty cheese eating, Packer loving, beer guzzling, almost Canadian (sorry Weirdy, Blabla, and the others :)), badger loving, Swissconsin loving hippie. You just wish you were in FIBland with all the other cool kids.

according to this, I'm almost Canadian

maybe if i swim