Positive thoughts effortlessly

sevenroses

It's so neat how after changing your maladaptive thoughts into normal positive realistic thoughts, you would have those positive thoughts come automatically and effortlessly in a typical anxious situation. Have you any of you experience the same?

zav943

Not really. I wish I had positive thoughts....I WISH! I wish I didn't have obsessive thoughts with certain people or feelings of self-doubt...but I'm plagued with these thoughts a lot of the time. And I don't know how to stop them (do you have advice?)...the only time when they're not bothering me is when I'm very, very comfortable with my surroundings, interacting with everyone and feeling in control...if anything goes wrong, my mind just misfires and the thoughts come back again...kind of like emotional ADHD...

I might look into CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) to deal with this, but I doubt things will change. My mode of thought right now is a result of 20 years of cognitive conditioning...I can't just change at the snap of a finger. Then again, that's no excuse to not try to change.

Last edited:

SPV

My mind frame constantly stays as it is whenever I'm in a nerve wracking situation. There's just no way to encourage myself with positive thoughts. It's like there's a barrier, and I'm on the wrong side, and I don't how to get to the other side, which is the positive, optimistic side. The anxiety will just never cut me some slack.

Richey

well normally how it goes for me is i start off positive but then i end up saying something awkward or i dont execute my sentences well and then i get stuck in negative land for the rest of the time ...