Paxil and no appetite

cure

I'm on 20 mg of Paroxetine since a week and I have no appetite.

Did anyone else who used this drug experience this side effect and did it go away with time?

U

userremoved

Yeah I had the same problem. I Pretty much had to force myself to eat. From what I can remember it did go away once I got used to it.

humansrare

wow I just started on Paxil today, and I've read that a lot of people gained weight while being on it..so this is odd reading it's diminished appetites. o_O hmm

DillJenkins

Appetite changes are very common with all SSRI's.

I never noticed appetite changes when I was on Paxil but my friend gained 20lbs when he was on it.

I have been on every SSRI and the only one to ever work was Celexa and that medicine reduced my appetite to almost nothing. I would have to remind myself to eat just one meal per day.

Eventually the appetite suppressing effect went away and so did the anti-anxiety effect. It really sucks because its the only medication to ever work REALLY well for me.

cure

Now my appetite came back but it's not doing anything for my anxiety.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor, should I stay on Paxil to see if it's gonna work or try something new?

Could Lexapro work for me if Celexa didn't?

I have been on paxil for about 10 years, I am soon looking into something new, it isn't working as it should anymore. But while on paxil I gained alot of weight, to much, and I am groggy and tired all the time.

Yea i had this as well. Plus i was just asleep for about a week. But after that intial 7 days i was fine and it is starting to have a positive effect for me. Hope it goes well

easyeee

I take 20mg of Paxil and it affected my appetite when I first took it, but not so much anymore. I get more groggy and fatigued than anything.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I ate like a hog while on it, but had nearly no sexual drive whatsoever. I've read where people seem to go both ways with it, either losing a lot of weight or gaining. I put-on 60 pounds in just a few months.

I used to take it..I started with 20mg then to 40mg..At first they just made me chill soon they did nothing so I went off of them..Talk to your dr.

DillJenkins

Could Lexapro work for me if Celexa didn't?

I have often wondered this as well because Lexapro is so closely related to Celexa.

For me, Lexapro did absolutely nothing but make me worse. Celexa pretty much "fixed" my anxiety and made me a normal fellow for a few months until it pooped out.

I have no way to explain the reason that Celexa seemed to work better but it did for me. I think the scientists still have a lot to figure out why certain people respond to certain SSRI's.