Paranoia or logic?

Dave1989

Right where I live there are a group of photographers who go around the clubs in the city centre on a friday/saturday night etc and take pictures for people who are out, the photos are then uploaded to facebook on their official page. now the past few weeks when i've been out i've had my photo taken with a couple of friends, however the next day when all photos are uploaded the photos from the club i have had my photo taken are not uploaded, if it had just been once i would dismiss but thae fact its happened a few times now makes me think that it must be because im in some of the photos :confused:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
If I'm understanding you correctly, it's nothing to be concerned about. Less than 1/10 pics that I take get kept when I'm looking them over.

Horatio

I know a few professional and amateur photographers and take a few snaps myself. Night time photography can be particularly tricky and it is very easy to stuff up a photo.

I imagine that a high percentage of the photos they take each night will not end up on facebook due to the photographers own insecurities. They too won't want to be judged harshly by their peers so are likely to sort through the photos first and not publish any that have flaws such as poor lightning or focus.

Dave1989

If I'm understanding you correctly, it's nothing to be concerned about. Less than 1/10 pics that I take get kept when I'm looking them over.

The thing is though they post every single photo from every other club, but the ones i have been in and had my photo taken the past few weeks they have not uploaded. for example last week the two places i had my photo taken in no photos have been uploaded whatsoever, however this week the photos for the same places have been uploaded

Dave1989

Is it ok to post links on this site without the thread getting pulled? Just i'll post a link to the page so yous can get a better idea of what i mean.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The thing is though they post every single photo from every other club

They never throw away a single pic? That sounds impossible. Nobody is that good or that lucky.

Anyway, if I were in your place I'd be glad. Pics of me? All over the place? Ack! ::p:

Re links--long as it doesn't break the advertising rules I think it's okay.

Dave1989

How do you know that? Do they explicitly say that?

Nah they don't and I know where you are coming from, it just seems really strange that every other week the photos are uploaded, yet the weeks i have had my photo taken pictures for the other clubs are uploaded bar the ones i've had my photo taken in.

Feathers

Well, do you want to be a professional model or something?

Because it would really only make sense if you want to go into show biz or pursue modelling...
I am not particularly photogenic myself, even other people say I look different on many photos.. (except my dad, he just says 'you look like you look' and that it's 'the harsh truth' :rolleyes:) I'd be terrified to be in a club photo on internet or such!!

Also, consider your future professional career - do you want it jeopardized over some drunken photo in a club someday later on in life maybe? many kids today are not careful enough where their photos land, I'll just say this..
If I were you I'd thank my lucky stars to remain incognito, lol!! :)

Dave1989

Well, do you want to be a professional model or something?

Because it would really only make sense if you want to go into show biz or pursue modelling...
I am not particularly photogenic myself, even other people say I look different on many photos.. (except my dad, he just says 'you look like you look' and that it's 'the harsh truth' :rolleyes:) I'd be terrified to be in a club photo on internet or such!!

Also, consider your future professional career - do you want it jeopardized over some drunken photo in a club someday later on in life maybe? many kids today are not careful enough where their photos land, I'll just say this..
If I were you I'd thank my lucky stars to remain incognito, lol!! :)

lol yeah true, they aren't the type of photos that would get you into trouble though it' not like the photographers just snap you at random times, it's just like any normal photo you would get taken. It's just if they are choosing to upload the photos because i'm in some of them it's pretty disheartening, like i said I hope it's just my paranoia making me think like that.

Feathers

Well, even if they would be, what would that mean?
That a certain photographer has a certain taste and that he prefers blonde girls with big, uhm, attributes.. :D or curly black-haired Naomis, or full-lipped brunettes...?
I think certain types of girls (or guys) may get privilege in photographers' eyes... maybe it's the current 'look' or a particular trend/fad...
The way I look was a bit 'in' a few years ago, there were commercials with girls like me everywhere.. it was quite flattering in a way, lol.. every few years the 'looks' rotate... and right now a few different 'looks' are in...
People in the fashion/show biz industry can suffer a great deal from this.. Some may need to reinvent themselves with every season, and some particular fashions just don't look good on certain body types... I am talking generally now.. People can also have completely personal tastes!! Maybe that person just hates Justin Timberlake?? :eek:

Feathers

haha yeah i know it's slightly ironic, but if they aren't putting them on just because i am on a few its not the best feeling

Welcome to Facebook

Okay, I took a look. Looks like the guys on the photos mostly have a bit grunge-y/90's/rock clothing.. so it may be a fashion thing...
What kind of music is there?
If it's like rock/Nirvana/grunge... then Justin Timberlake will be hated there. Sorry. :D

It may have nothing to do with you at all. Honestly I mostly really hate his music and his style too, was brought up a rock/grunge/retro chick too.. (Though I didn't really like most grunge, or at least the harsher stuff. Looks like it's a bit 90's revival these days though..) I respect him as an artist and one or two of his songs may be kinda nice, but I'd never openly admit to liking him or such either, and clubs like this have a reputation to protect. Sorry. :D

Oh, and mind you, this is just opinion, not fact. Just one of the possibilities!! ;)

If you changed your look you might have a better chance, not sure if you could make yourself look different?
Fashion/style can be changed though.. More 'rock' and less 'rnb/soft pop'? (?)
On the other hand, in a venue with Justin's fans, you'd probably be universally adored?? :)

And also another possibility: what if the camera people like you allright, and just don't like your friends? hmm! (smiley missing - I was joking!! site wouldn't let me post more smilies!!)

EDIT: I just made a brief google search and apparently there are some good photos of Justin out there too!! I still think you look better than him!!

Read this again, and it can be interpreted as 'mean', I guess.. I wasn't meaning to do that, just wanted to make you see that it may have nothing at all to do with you!! And I wanted to make you smile a bit.
If mission unaccomplished, I will erase this and hide for a while... (Or listen to Justin's songs as punishment?? Forum, help! Dave, I'll do as you wish.. I don't know what to do, erase or not?? hmm!!)

I looked at some of those photos and you look way better than some other people there, so...?? no idea what else could be a possible cause?

maybe the owner has a phobia of Justin Timberlake...??

Sorry, I sometimes forget I don't live in a sit-com!!!! Oh gosh, I really wanted to go into stand-up comedy and was too shy/SA to do it.. That's what happends if you post on harmless unsuspecting forums instead!! Justin - Oops, Dave, please say you'll forgive me!!!!!

Last edited: