Panic attacks when I ran out of Klonopin

Noca

Banned
I had panic attacks when I ran out of Klonopin the other week. Just having a bottle(dont even have to use it) by my side gets rid of my panic attacks :)

Tyguy

I don't even feel clonazepam any more, and I take 4 a day. To be honest, the quickest way to get rid of a panic attack (for me) is to smoke pot.

Remus

Staff member
best way for me to be totally rid of panic attacks and panic disorder (been panic free over ten years now) was to use exposure therapy.

panicgirl

Sounds like pavlov's dog theory :D I guess just take the bottle of Klonopin everywhere you go and you won't even have to take the meds :)

Iron26

i could feel klonopin maybe the first couple days i took it, but now i really feel it doesnt do anything,so now i dont even take it because my paxil has started to kick in

LadyWench

I've been taking Clonazepam for about two and a half years now. I felt its effects big time when I first started taking it. Now I think my body is becoming more immune to it, and they really don't help as much as I'd like.

And not only that, they take probably at least about 15-20 minutes to kick in even just a little bit. If I take my pill at the beginning of my panic attack (or when I suspect I will have an attack), it doesn't really help until the panic attack has passed. Then I just end up feeling groggy and sleepy.

I suppose it's better to have this drug, than to have none at all, though.

My post was pointless...

Remus

Staff member
yeah benzos dont work long term for panic disorder, just a waste of money. SSRIs are equally debatable.

I found more help from self help books than meds or a shrink (alot cheaper too!)

trouble with benzos is you have to wean off them slowly as withdrawl can lead to anxiety

jamie99

I'm in the same boat as you. I will run out in a few days so i'm only taking half of 1 before work. I used to take 2 mg a day now i've cut down to only .5 mg.

Another good drug which isn't as addictive is doxepin, it has similar effects as clonazepam but is used mostly to treat depression.

iamthenra

best way for me to be totally rid of panic attacks and panic disorder (been panic free over ten years now) was to use exposure therapy.

OMG!! You went around exposing yourself! How is that therapeutic? LOL
3760729636_aef410dbf9_o.gif

Remus

Staff member
I think he knew that lol

Exposure therapy is very good for SA yes, for panic attacks I'd go as far to say it is the cure if you stick it out to the end. It is very very hard though

Last edited: