panic attacks getting worse

chemboy

I have suffered from panick attacks since college. Today was especially bad. I went to the movies by myself and during it started to have uncontrollable thoughts about being a bad person. I had my typical heart throbbing symptoms and extreame discomfort, but it was a new experience in the way I was thinking. Like I was a bad person and that I will never get "in controll" again. I have never once thought of bringing harm on myself or others, but there was this fear that sometime it might happen. It was like a voice that was telling me that everything I have accomplished in life is null and void and that I will never gain controll. There was an overwhelming fear of ending up in a nut house. I took Valium that was prescribed to me and it calmed me down a bit, but I am really scared of returning back to that way of thinking.

I take zoloft for anxiety but I will admit that there are multiple days that I forget to take it. I take valium when I absolutely cant do without it, but I have a fear that it just masks my symptoms and that it will eventually not help.

This is a note of desperation. I should not feel this way. I have a masters degree in chemistry and had a great childhood. I have a great relationship with my parents but can't bother them with what I go through because my mom would worry all the time. I live over 10 hours from my home town, but I have met some people here.

I am looking for balance in my life in the form of someone else to share my life with. The problem is that I live alone and most of my time meeting girls is in the bar setting and it hasn't worked out for me lately. I miss home, but I am not sure moving back will solve my problems. I finally came to realize I need help and need to talk to someone to put in place control mechanisms. The problem is that I called a psychiatrist and they never got back to me. I need to find someone to talk to, to get to the route of what is bothering me because I don't think I can continue to have these attacks.

I am asking for advice on who to go to psychiatrist, counseler, etc. I am sorry that this is jumbled, but I am kind of having an attack right now. I really am a good person, but I feel so alone.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks Much!

Realizum

One of the most common things in all of us who suffer from panic attacks is negative or irrational thoughts...they leave as when the symptoms fades...have u taken any medication to help u reduce the symptoms?First of all dont stuck with that why to me...take a walk in the forum...u will see that intelligent people r here unlikely other forums where u can see anything...i am new too but i took a long walk...i cant suggest u solutions...i hate negative thoughts too...but if u see u cant fight it and it tires u there r some solutions to make u feel better short term or long term.One suggestion only...dont keep it in...even if it wont make u feel better to ur close ones u must share it.I am not giving any solutions away bc i havent passed over my problem too...keep up the fight!

beebopthebum3

my panic attacks are taking over my life i can barely leave my house and its a nightmare going to the grocery store some times i get so freaked out i half to just walk out and leave everything behind and people look at me like i'm a crazy person its really hard i just want to be normal like most everyone else i can't even ride in cars anymore my doctor put me on klonopin that seems to help some but not fully i'm so tired of the shaking on the inside the numbness in my head and feeling like i'm not even in my body the tight chest the diffidult breathing the tingling sensations all over my body the dizziness light headedness the heart racing its a complete night mare some times it feels like my whole head is dead i can't really o anything anymore and i have 2 kids i need help so much its not even funny

Remus

Staff member
I have had panic disorder for 16 years now, it kind of comes and goes over the years, had it bad again a few months ago after a bad injury which debilitated me, I got panic attacks once again and started to go down the road of agorophobia.

I wasn't going to let that happen! so I kept trying to get outside, go for walks basically using the old exposure therapy. was going further, doing more with the passing days, yeah you sometimes have blips but keep on challenging, still not out of the water yet but the important thing is to keep trying, keep challenging :!:

self help leaflets are on this thread:

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt17507.html

really useful they are, they use the same therapy I used to conquer panic disorder

123panicnomore

You are a good person!

Chemboy...hang in there. You truly are a great person. Don't let anything make you think less of yourself. People love you and care for you, and you are a great person. Just keep that in mind, and you will be fine. It is important to take that medication on a regular basis. If you do this, you should be fine. Keep in mind that most importantly God loves you.

Can You Really Overcome Panic Attacks? The Answer May Shock You!

Panic

Immediate Anxiety Relief

Have you been looking for anxiety attack treatment that doesn't involve taking prescription drugs?

Panic Away is a powerful system that can cure panic attacks and general anxiety fast. You’ll learn the exact technique that can give you immediate anxiety relief without using any medication. It’s a simple method that you can follow step by step to see results fast.

You can check the details here - anxietyattackstreatment & panicaway.

Some of the benefits you receive by using the Panic Away system include - Never fearing to leave your home or to be alone, Making appointments or socializing with people and never dreading you might have to leave unexpectedly half way through, Planning holidays or travel without fear of anxiety, Going about your business daily without any lingering anxiety or
anxious thoughts in your mind, Having the belief to trust your body is not in any danger whatsoever.

rosesrred90

I dunno why but I cant seem to find even a single person here who has actually tried out some other therapies other than 'medications and just letting it go'. I really dont want to make this post in every other thread that i encounter because it sounds like i am publicising, but have you guys never tried out Yoga or homeopath or ayurveda for these attacks. I used to have attacks albeit, pretty mild, but still they worried me a lot. I simply got sick of taking medications and after some research found out about yoga. Yeah its simple cheap effective and readily available, so why dont people try it out. Really I am bewildered. I had tried out the international yogalyam for myself and really found it effective (by effective i mean long term). You can try it out yourself if you want - www.discover-yoga-online.com/yoga-training.html. And if you are convinced please pass on the message.