Panic Attack and meds??

chevyboy_bnick

About 2 weeks ago i was at the hospital cause my close uncle was in ICU. We all took turns seeing him, so i went out sat in my car, and VEEERY sudden, very very disy, heart pounding outtachest, and i was in a state of mind like i was dreaming, and i dont know why but it felt like i was dying, it was pretty scary.

If was panic attack, ive had 5 since i was 16, and im 20.

Also, some ppl said if i take klonopin or xanax, it will help a lot. My bro has 2mg xanax bars and he told him if he started with an attack, put one under his tongue. Although he still ainthad one yet. But im scared to go to a regular doc, so if yall say xanax or klp, will work should i order some online with a licensed doc online?

Thankyou for your input

LadyWench

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle being in the hospital, and you having a horrible panic attack. They are never easy to deal with.

I suffer from panic disorder. I'd say I have at least 1-2 panic attacks a day. But I take Klonopin (1MG) every day. It helps a LOT. I've heard that Xanax can end up being rather addicting, so I wouldn't recommend it. But that's just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Lea

Banned
Was that a panic attack? I got that too on meds. I would only take meds now if I got paid for it.

Remus

Staff member
I've had Panic disorder for years. Had different treaments.

my advice is to not go down the meds route, meds only work because you "believe" they do, exposure therapy which you can do yourself is much more effective and costs you nothing.

check this site out ( they are not selling anything)

Panic Attacks Anxieties Summary Panic problems

Noca

Banned
Meds dont work great for Panic disorder, as Remus said, exposure therapy is much better.

Septor

You should really go to see a doctor about this.So they're not any unforeseen problems.I know that it must be scary and intimidating but remember they're here to help you.It's there job and I'm sure they will understand from where you're coming from.

Ideally you should go with both meds and exposure therapy.I know that for me personally Klonopin has work well but remember meds will not fix your problems.There not magic happy pills,they are a tool to help you deal better with your problems and therapy but you still need to get some therapy.

Well anyway good luck,in anything you decide to do.