Other life stresses = anxiety gone

sevenroses

Haven't you noticed that if something is really bugging you like encountering a relative or someone you don't like or something extremely bad happening, your social anxiety goes away. I know it's a bad way to overcome anxiety and not recommended but I guess it's what I notice. I might be wrong but maybe that's why when people are young they tend to be more shy and reserved as compared to when people turn into adults and have kids and lots of responsibility and life stresses they focus on all the stressful things in life and won't care about what others think of them (hence = less social anxiety).

Phoenixx

That's really interesting. For me, it's kinda the opposite. Whenever I have to face people I don't like, or bad situations, my anxiety actually increases.

sevenroses

Mine greatly diminishes after the incident though. (Just like what happened today with an encounter with a relative I don't really like).

JamesSmith

That's not the case with me. When I was working at a busy restaurant, I was dreading going to work every day and would have more anxiety because I knew I was going to have to be around a bunch of people. For me, other life stresses=more anxiety.