Optimistic about future.

Weirdo

Fortunately, I'm only 18 :p I still have a chance at becoming somewhat succesful and normal before my immediate family, my friends and "friends" get to know what a ****ed up person I am on the inside so when I get better, I'll never have that unremovable "He's been such a failure/sad miserable person when he was in his 20's" history record.
Some people here have hit the rock bottom and I'm going to try my very best not to end up like them. No offence :p

Fortunately, I'm only 18 :p I still have a chance at becoming somewhat succesful and normal before my immediate family, my friends and "friends" get to know what a ****ed up person I am on the inside so when I get better, I'll never have that unremovable "He's been such a failure/sad miserable person when he was in his 20's" history record.
Some people here have hit the rock bottom and I'm going to try my very best not to end up like them. No offence :p
None taken. Well my man you are still young. I was assuming your where in your 20's which seems to be kind of a norm here.
In that case you still have time to make changes before you get my age (28).

I wish you luck.

Weirdo

Thanks I'll need it.

Damn, today I stepped across the point of no return. It was such a difficult decision for me. It kinda makes me want to cry, even though I know I made the right choice, but I can't because my roomie is here. My eyes got watery as I was waiting for bus today and now as I'm typing this sentence I have to wipe them...WTF BE A MAN! Shit...and the worst thing is still waiting for me - telling the parents. Should I tell my mother over the phone? Or should I just tell her to get ready because I want to tell her something important when I get home? I got myself into a nice pile of shit. Hope it will turn out well and I won't end up depressed for the whole holidays. Well, if nothing, at least I made my life a little bit more interesting/adventurous..5 years at uni would have mentally killed me and my mom keeps reminding me it's supposed to be the best time of my life.. yeah right.

Luke1993

Yes very much like yourself I have left college it was depressing me waaay too much being surrounded by people smarter than me and more social than me, and overall more happier than me. But now I am going to improve myself physically and mentally with the help of my brother! I don't care about qualifications anymore happiness is more important than money!

Last edited:

Weirdo

Do I remember correctly that you were only thinking about leaving a week ago or so? Anyway it's good to hear I'm not alone in this. How did you tell your parents and what did they say?

Weirdo

My mom's gonna call me within an hour to ask how I did on exams today, what should I say if I didn't go? ****

Luke1993

I've always wanted to leave but only a week or so I decided to take action. The course I was on was a complete joke as well. Half the time the lecturers wouldn't even turn up because they were "too busy" ha too lazy more like! My college just takes everyone in with open arms because it's a business. It's not like school where they actually seem to care.

Anyway my mother is ashamed of me, but I think she realises I made the right choice, as she's noticed I'm much more happier now, I don't think I will go back to do another course because I'm simply not clever enough and do not have the will. But I'll be happy with a normal job!

Weirdo

Hell, yesterday I had the longest phone call ever. I was crying through the whole thing, it was 59 minutes long. The ending was kinda cool though. About 5 minutes before we finished the call, my body suddenly released a massive surge of endorphins, probably functioning as some sort of coping mechanism and I started laughing like crazy, literally. When my mom asked why was I laughing I said I don't know because I really didn't :D I felt like a psycho.

Anyway, I don't really like the outcome. She basically said I'm just immature and that it's normal for freshmen to feel this way and that I should try my hardest to make it through this semester. Although I kept telling her she doesn't understand, she said she did, but that's not possible because she doesn't know I have SA. I'm thinking of getting an evaluation from a psychologist so she could see the real reason, but that would be almost just as bad as telling her, because now everyone would know that I went to see a shrink and you know what others think about such people... damn, why couldn't she just say "All right, do as you please. If you want to ruin your life, I won't stop you" ..

Anubis

I can sense a lot of embarrassment in your posts and while it's an understandable emotion, it can be very paralyzing. So try not to dwell on the thoughts of your mother or others very much. It hurts your growth more than you think. I think you should just accept your predicament, and make your next move.

Also, don't feel like you burned a bridge down by withdrawing from college. You can always re-enter college (if you later feel that your career aspirations require it), even if you were in bad-standing. Undergraduate colleges will usually let you back in multiple times because unlike professional school, there is always room for students. And plus, they love making $400/class (+ "maintenance costs"). I know, because I've done it before.

Weirdo

I'm not so sure if I will be able to re-enter that easily. I will have to pass the entering exam and do well again. And everybody keeps saying that once I go to work, I'll never want to go back to college. Is this myth true?