Only friend in the world.

What should I do?

• Talk again to your friend. (Comment how that it is helpful.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave her! (Comment why and have really good reasons.)

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Ignore her. (Comment why that is a good idea.)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • You are overreacting. (Comment why.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NeonDream

People always made up stuff about me which is why I don't talk a lot today but my only best friend participating in mocking me with the rest? She spread dirty (18+) rumors/lies about me to the cool kids. She made fun of me and talked to me straight to my face about how she is always the main character in the story who is brave and strong while I am the one who is beneath her, the character who is a coward and the last time I checked I was the only one who stood up for her when she was getting bullied and actually listened to her when she needed a shoulder to cry on...I can't believe that this is even happening...or that anyone in the world would say stuff like that to their friend!

I decided to avoid her in the end of this year because she kept putting me down and making fun of my body with her friends. Later on I would tell them "How would you know? You never saw it!" but that didn't stop them. I know as a true friend I should really continue to endure what she is doing to me even if she isn't doing it intentionally to hurt me but I can't take it anymore.She is also trying to make me say or do things I am uncomfortable to do when I already told her I have my boundaries!

I also can't really tell her that she is being kinda harsh to me because she would tell me that I am overreacting and start yelling at me. She would start saying that I back-stabbed her because I don't always obey her orders.

Silatuyok

No, you should not continue to endure her abuse of you. That is not what true friends do to each other, and you have no obligation to put up with it. She is not being a friend to you. You are better off without her. I'm sorry you're going through this, it sounds painful.

Valhalla

People always made up stuff about me which is why I don't talk a lot today but my only best friend participating in mocking me with the rest? She spread dirty (18+) rumors/lies about me to the cool kids. She made fun of me and talked to me straight to my face about how she is always the main character in the story who is brave and strong while I am the one who is beneath her, the character who is a coward and the last time I checked I was the only one who stood up for her when she was getting bullied and actually listened to her when she needed a shoulder to cry on...I can't believe that this is even happening...or that anyone in the world would say stuff like that to their friend!

I decided to avoid her in the end of this year because she kept putting me down and making fun of my body with her friends. Later on I would tell them "How would you know? You never saw it!" but that didn't stop them. I know as a true friend I should really continue to endure what she is doing to me even if she isn't doing it intentionally to hurt me but I can't take it anymore.She is also trying to make me say or do things I am uncomfortable to do when I already told her I have my boundaries!

I also can't really tell her that she is being kinda harsh to me because she would tell me that I am overreacting and start yelling at me. She would start saying that I back-stabbed her because I don't always obey her orders.

She's spreading dirty rumors about you, even if you stood up for her? It's she who has been backstabbing you. I'm sorry to say this, but she doesn't sound like a friend at all. I don't know how close you are, but it sounds to me like you're being dragged down, and wont put an end to this because of the fear from this person's reaction.

Hoppy

. I know as a true friend I should really continue to endure what she is doing to me even if she isn't doing it intentionally to hurt me but I can't take it anymore.She is also trying to make me say or do things I am uncomfortable to do when I already told her I have my boundaries!

You may be a true friend to her, but is she a true friend to you?

Is the friendship worth that much to you?

Meggy0001

You don't need people like that in your life. They will only pull you down. You might want this to work and sounds like you are really her friend but to me it seems as she is not really your friend :/ maybe its time you let go?

NeonDream

Absolutely_Sweet_Marie: It is. My family tells me that I should stop even considering her as a friend but I don't know what am I going to.

Valhalla: To be honest, I am afraid of her reaction...really afraid of what she will end up doing to me..

Hoppy: Strangely yes, I tried to fix my situation with her many times and even forced myself to forgive her.

Silatuyok

Your thoughts about this are pretty classic of being caught in an abusive relationship. You are afraid of her reaction, forcing yourself to forgive her, etc. She has likely even tried to isolate you emotionally by telling you that she is your only friend and the only one who will ever put up with you. Am I right?

NeonDream

Absolutely_Sweet_Marie: Yes. This is a curiously true realization! She wouldn't let me talk to anyone else but her actually now that I think about it, she would start giving me dirty looks whenever I talked to someone and would tell me that I'm betraying her once again!

Last edited:

Silatuyok

It sounds like you have your family's support, which is a very good thing. Perhaps they could help you arrange whatever changes are needed to help you get away from this person. I don't mean to scare you, but it sounds like you really need to be strong and break off the friendship in whatever way possible.

da_illest101

Tell yourself this: do you find it acceptable the way she treats you? would you treat someone like that?

I doubt you would so why should you let someone treat that way?

NeonDream

My parent already decided next year how I should stop seeing her. I'm doubtful about it and thought that maybe I can fix this friendship in some way except the only way to repair a friendship is to talk it over, only who I befriended refused to listen and I have no idea how to speak with her freely.

ghostgrrl

I choose to ignore her, if she's a true genuine friend, she will come around in a positive light. Think about what your true bond is with your 'friend'. What brought you two together? What keeps you together as friends? I've never been one to engage or entertain endless gossip or drama because those that initiate and/or carry that behavior are the true lonely ones inside. They crave reactions from people to validate their own worth or perceived identity with people. Do not entertain or engage what you know is not true. You know the truth about yourself, do not constantly feel you have to justify yourself as a decent human being to others with forked tongues. It is good to have a few honest and respectful friends than a lot of immature ones. It takes time to find genuine friends and when you do, most likely they are friends for life.