Online school

EscapeArtist

I'm failing the year only because I'm too afraid to go to school. I know that online school is the WORST idea for somebody with SA because then i'll get into a rut, but I was thinking that If I got a job and took online school it'd still force me to get out of the hosue every day...?

I am going into 12th grade next year and have done this throughout 10th and 11th grade (skipped for no reason, not able to go). I don't want to ruin my 12th grade year because it's what counts.... I know that I could do really well online because I wouldn't be missing all that work, and I wouldn't be comparing my work to others and not handing it in because I think it's not up to par (which I do a lot).

Help? I'm so unsure.... :confused:

market.garden

Could be an idea as long as you don't get into a rut like you said. If its a case of not going to school and not getting a grade, or not going to school and getting a grade by some other means then its a clear choice IMO.

SmackWater Plastic

Maybe instead of online school you could try something like an independent study?? That's what I do. You only have to go like two times a week to take a test. It also makes it so that you can go at whatever pace you want, so you can actually finish a lot faster. You basically just do all your work at home, and go there to take a test and turn everything in. You can also go whenever just to do work there. So I only have like 2-4 hours of school a week, but kind of see people there. I don't know why, but I just could never do online school.

EscapeArtist

Psychedelicious, that sounds like a great idea..
When you take independant study though, I heard it shows up as "Independant study" and doesn't actually count towards a specific class qualification, such as "Math" or "Biology". Or atleast that's the independant study that my school has... Did you have yours planned specially or something, by the school counselor, etc?

SilentType

Banned
I am going to school this summer, living in a dorm, and taking 3 out of 4 classes online. The only class I have to go to is anatomy and physiology, monday n wednesday for two hours with a 2 hour lab thrown in on monday. College algebra seems easy online, as its a self paced class with no deadlines or anything. Next summer session I'll be taking oral communication online (not sure how thats gonna work) and intro to microcomputers online, which i already know everything about. This is through a local university, and I'm trying to get accepted into the radiology technology program in my hometown by taking these classes this summer. All I can do is do my best and see where it gets me. No expectations, just see where the hard work gets me. I'll have all the general education classes taken care of after this summer if all goes as planned. Hopefully they accept me into the program next year. *crosses fingers*

Peace

Perfect Glitters

Psychedelicious, that sounds like a great idea..
When you take independant study though, I heard it shows up as "Independant study" and doesn't actually count towards a specific class qualification, such as "Math" or "Biology". Or atleast that's the independant study that my school has... Did you have yours planned specially or something, by the school counselor, etc?

Well like we do packets, and each one counts as a credit I believe. It does counts toward qualifications because you're done once you have reached the number of credits you need to graduate. It's a separate school, so you don't have have to worry about your other high school. I wouldn't trust any Independent Study program my high school had either, if they had one! So if you decide to look into that, you probably just need to find a school or program that is specific to that near you.

I am finishing the 11th grade now and latley ive been missing out of school.. my plan is to finsih this year and to tuns of therapy over the summer vacation, cuz like thi si cannot begin senior year.. could u do that? :)

EscapeArtist

I just started therapy, i've had 2 sessions, but unfortunately my social worker is going on vacation and is going to be gone all july, and my family doesn't have the money to do any more sessions than once every 3 weeks... So I'm not sure i'm able to do tons of that. =/ hhhhm....

I just started therapy, i've had 2 sessions, but unfortunately my social worker is going on vacation and is going to be gone all july, and my family doesn't have the money to do any more sessions than once every 3 weeks... So I'm not sure i'm able to do tons of that. =/ hhhhm....

oh I'm sorry :/
well im planning.. but how it will turn out :/
my family promised me last year, but yeah im still the same..
but this year im determined..
hope everything turns out good :)

lunarla

So long as you're committed to doing the work and handing it in, I think it's definitely a good option. It's often more challenging in the sense that you really have to be your own authoritative figure to be productive. I agree with Psych though! If you can get into some kind of independent study, that might even work better. Currently I'm enrolled in both online and independent study courses. You get the same kind of credits for courses you complete for independent study as you would in regular high school, or at least, that's my understanding of it.

It's easy to get in a rut though, definitely. Even though I'm enrolled in all these courses I haven't been very productive. I think that's mostly because I have enough credits to graduate already, I'm just trying to pile on more and more (unreasonable expectations, etc.) I feel so much less immediate stress though, so it's definitely worth it from my perspective.