One less thing

Blabla..

Just to let everyone know i'm homebound , i have BDD and social phobia . Sometime there are things that you cannot avoid doing , and those are usually very hard for me , renewing my Health insurance card was on my "to do" list since June . I would just stare at the paper on my desk knowing that i would have to do it before a certain date, but couldn't find the courage to step outside. So i woke up this morning feeling quite energized and better than usual , and decided to just assemble the papers i needed and just do it . I was so nervous , i almost gave up twice , feeling nauseated , dizzy , weak , right before crossing the door , but knew this had to be done , and knew that i would feel so relieved after , and so i did it . It wasn't bad at all . The constant thoughts of people staring at me was not pleasant , but i managed to just accept and let go , and instead focus on relaxing my tense muscles . Now back home i feel proud of myself , but i feel really tired , this simple task took all my energy away . I'm free , for now , haha.

Well done! It always feels better after doing something. I guess often its not as bad as we make it in our head. I did something similar today, went out with some of my friends after refusing 5 times, though I acted really silly and clumsy there. But I still feel energised.

pinata

The reality of these things is never as bad as we imagine! I'm sorry that your anxiety is so bad, but you did brilliantly :] That's one more thing crossed off your to-do list :D

lilmutegirl

As my son would say, "Great work!!" I have several things on my to-do list, and you have inspired me to get some done today (okay...maybe just one).

JuicyFruit

I had to renew my Id-card and it was Awful. I had my parents with me cause if i had done it alone, i would have faild. So i hid behind my parets while they did all the talk and everything. Nice to know that i cannot do Anything on my own. Well, its done. Don't have to worry about it for the next 5 years.

Well done to you btw