on line CBT

Ladystardust

i just saw an ad for this it lasts for 8 wks and cost £109 i am not sure what 8 wks of CBT could do for me and i cannot afford to waste money but i am thinking about it.

I signed up for an CBT online-therapy thing and I'm not getting much out of it at all. Honestly, it's not much better than just doing one of the Anxiety workbook type of things. The 'therapist' just gives you one sentence answers that frequently have misspellings. Kinda wonder if the therapists are native english speakers or in some non-english speaking country. they say they're in the us but who knows....

Feathers

Have you read any books yet? I found The Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns very helpful... There are some other good CBT books out there too, maybe check what your library has?
'Anxiety for Dummies' has been recommended to me too, haven't read it yet...

If you do take the course, let us know how it goes?

Feathers

hm, maybe some people can be afraid to go to a real therapist?

Some people on this site have had good experience with therapists, some not so great, it depends who you go to I guess... And sometimes I hear it's good to look at a few before choosing one (not sure if you have an option for this with the free version) What was your experience Mickery?

I'm doing the online-therapy. com one. Definitely wish I hadn't signed up.

I've found the book "Managing Social Anxiety, Workbook" by Debra A. Hope, Richard G. Heimberg and Cynthia L. Turk just as helpful.

Maybe it's the therapist I have with online therapy, but I didn't get the impression she's reading what Ive had so say and instead is simply typing a few sentences from a manual and that's it. It's pretty expensive for what you get. I've done regular talk therapy tons, I thought online might be better because I wouldn't be so apt to sensor what I say for fear of being judged. No such luck. Don't think the therapist even reads half of what I've written in the worksheets.

Last edited:

Mickery

I got one who is extremely pleasant, who specializes in social phobia and suffered from it himself in the past. And also being in the UK, it cost nothing. Couldn't ask for more, really. But I haven't been going long.