Omg there's gonna be a new simcity!!!!

awkwardamanda

=0

FINALLY!!!!!!!

=D !!!!!

I thought this would never happen. I've been a fan of the game since the original. I was still playing the old SimCity4 from 2003. Glitchy and crashed all the time. I signed an online petition awhile back in hopes of convincing EA/Maxis to make a new game. Everyone thought they had just abandoned the series. How did I just find out about this now?! Omg, I can't wait!!!!!:D:D:D

SimCity - EA
SimCity Official Website

MikeyC

I liked SimCity 4! If you know a cheat code that gives me lots of money, I would play it a lot more. I'm more interested in just constructing a city than anything, haha.

I haven't bought a video game in a very long time, and I don't see SimCity 5 changing that, but I think it would be a good game.

oddOne

=0

FINALLY!!!!!!!

=D !!!!!

I thought this would never happen. I've been a fan of the game since the original. I was still playing the old SimCity4 from 2003. Glitchy and crashed all the time. I signed an online petition awhile back in hopes of convincing EA/Maxis to make a new game. Everyone thought they had just abandoned the series. How did I just find out about this now?! Omg, I can't wait!!!!!:D:D:D

SimCity - EA
SimCity Official Website

. . . finally... IMHO, Maxis has been EXCESSIVELY focused on BS spinoffs and “The Sims” series. I loved SimCity 4, but it isn’t compatible with any of my x64 Windows systems . . . so this news is very welcome. Thanks for the post! I’m not sure how I didn’t know this already either. Hmm… Oh well, here’s to hoping it doesn’t get stuck in “development hell!”

xDreamseller

From the looks of what I've seen, they've "dumbed" it down a lot to try and advertise it to a larger, more casual audience. Things like electricity and sewage etc don't need to be set up, they just travel through the roads. (You still need power plants and waste disposal obviously, but from what I've seen there is not planning of underground pipes and other systems)

Still looks fun though.

awkwardamanda

. . . finally... IMHO, Maxis has been EXCESSIVELY focused on BS spinoffs and “The Sims” series. I loved SimCity 4, but it isn’t compatible with any of my x64 Windows systems . . . so this news is very welcome. Thanks for the post! I’m not sure how I didn’t know this already either. Hmm… Oh well, here’s to hoping it doesn’t get stuck in “development hell!”
Hey, I love The Sims too, but it's about time they made another SimCity game.

From the looks of what I've seen, they've "dumbed" it down a lot to try and advertise it to a larger, more casual audience. Things like electricity and sewage etc don't need to be set up, they just travel through the roads. (You still need power plants and waste disposal obviously, but from what I've seen there is not planning of underground pipes and other systems)

Still looks fun though.
Yeah, unfortunately they did.:confused: I've been reading various posts about the new game along with user comments. A lot of fans are pissed off about things they did away with or didn't bother to improve. You can't dictate zone density anymore, which is stupid because in the real world that's exactly how it works. Instead it's determined by the types of roads, and demand for the different densities. Apparently there won't be anymore agriculture zones. Makes no sense. Cities will be smaller than in SC4. Connections between cities are predetermined. There will be no more terraforming. No subways. I don't get it. These are important aspects of the game. And the whole game is online. There's no truly isolated single player mode. I dunno. I'm sure it will still be a good game but I'm disappointed with certain things. People are pissed off they aren't catering to the hardcore fans of the game. That would make a lot more sense than trying to draw new players that might get bored with it quicker. I got tired of SC4 crashing all the time. It's still fun, but it has its limitations.