okcupid

PhantomPod

Has anyone used the site okcupid.com? I signed up a week or two ago and I've been messaging back and forth with someone a few times, and now he asked my out to coffee. Ahhh, what do I do!? I feel like I wasn't expecting this lol. Although, I guess that is sort of the point of signing up for okcupid. I don't know... I was fine emailing back and forth with him and everything, but now I'm just really freakin' out...

ABunkerHere

I have used the service in the past. I've met 4 people in person because OKCupid. As a man, I wasn't too worried about safety issues with meeting a lady. However, that didn't make me any less nervous. There were no love connections, but I have to say that I am glad that I met all the people. They were good experiences, and I felt like I had a decent amount in common with the people I was matched closely with.

I'd say, if you meet any person on there, absolutely make sure that the first date/meetup is in a public place. Drive yourself. Make sure that you can meet the person first and get a feel on the type of person they are before you have anything more private. I am sure you know this, but I just figured I'd mention it. ;)

One thing to keep in mind also... This person may be just like you, or "us" here at this forum. Just another person struggling with SA and trying to meet people. You certainly want to be careful, but it's completely possible, and even plausible, that this person is really nice. :)

Good luck!

da_illest101

i have been trying this site for years so far no luck, either i'm not interest, i lost interest, the other person lose interest or some ppl don't write back probably cause they are not interested

NinjaLikesToast

I have been on that site for a while, only ever met one person though. It was recently and I thought it went well, trying to work out another time we can hang out. I would say it's a rather safe site, so don't be to worried about that. I think AbunkerHere nailed it, just follow that advice and I hope things work out for you :)

PhantomPod

He has a few pictures up on the site, so I know what he looks like. But yeah, I was trying to think of a public place to go, like the Starbucks in a Barnes & Noble or something. I'm so nervous. I've never really been on a "date." I don't even know if this would be classified as a "date" really, just a meet-up, but I've never even met up and really talked to someone one-on-one to get to know each other! But I'm even just looking for friends and just people I have similar interests with, even if it doesn't turn into anything more.

Thanks for the advice!

fabulous :D:D:

go

enjoy

get excited

love the nerves , its only adrenalin and its so good for you .

stay public
tell you mate where your going
have a get out clause ready ( like an agreement with your mate that she will call you with an "emergency" if you wanna get the hell out.

but most of all

well done , on a forum like this , this is a good news to hear :)

Tiercel

Go for it! I signed up late one night about a month ago, and so far I've been too afraid to initiate any contact. And I've had all of two visitors to my profile.

So every few days I log on, planning on maybe contacting someone, but I always chicken out.

::eek::