Odd eating habits?

Courtney27S

Okay, so I guess I should start of by saying that I have SA and depression (and probably OCD) that have all gotten a lot worse within the past two weeks (with the start of college). During this time, I've started to change how often and how much I eat, depending on how depressed I feel, and whether or not I want to treat my body well. For example, the beginning of this week was really intimidating, making me pretty depressed, so I actually didn't eat (only water) on both Mon. and Tues. Then, I ended up eating again on Wed (quite a lot, too) because I was feeling a little more hopeful about things. The end of the week was a mix up of not eating, then eating too much, and then purging. Today, because it's the start of a long weekend (no class on Monday! :bigsmile: ) I'm feeling better and calmer, so I've eaten more. So, the reason why I'm posting this is to hear from others (mainly girls, I guess) who are going through this or have in the past. Do you have some tips to share or just some stories, maybe?? And, I feel like this post is just going to look like a cry for attention (it's not, I swear!) or just a lot of drama. So, if you just want to respond and tell me why I shouldn't do these things, please don't. Thank you :)

jigglypuff

I've actually tried starving myself but it didn't work out I would stop eating during the day but then during the night I would eat (a lot) and it just caused me to gain more weight (major fail) but now I'm eating every two hours (but very little) and It has actually help me loose weight although I have a feeling that this isn't very healthy since I'm eating very little everyday I think I'm going to start eating my usual way (which is eat a lot everyday) and I guess I don't care much about my body since I ever go outside of my house so I see no reason why I should care
I wouldn't suggest to eat every two hours (and very little) but eat every two hours (not a lot but not very little) and I think it should help rather than drinking only water on mon. and tues. , and it also sounds a bit healthier

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I used to do that too. It's normal that you eat a lot afterwards, since you are obviously starving.The thing is, for me at least, the fact that I stopped eating when I was depressed was making it even harder to get out of the vicious cycle that is depression. So after I aknowledged that information, I started forcing myself to eat a minimum of healthy food on these depressed days, and I think it helped.

I'm not sure what purging means since english is not my first language, but if it means vomiting, maybe your problem is a bit more serious and you should seek professional help.

Courtney27S

^ Yes, purging is vomiting. And I'll try and eat more often, probably healthier foods, too. No one feels good after eating a bunch of junk food, so that's probably one of my problems, thanks!

Courtney27S

^ Yeah, I've done a lot of reading about this online. I haven't been purging on a regular basis for too long, but I've always had a disorder with my esophagus (g.e.r.d.) that causes me to throw up more often than most people. Because I've been throwing up basically for my whole life, and haven't really experienced any "detrimental" effects on my health because of it, I think maybe I have some sort of immunity to it? I could be totally wrong, but I don't think it's as harmful to me as it would be to someone whose body isn't used to it.