OCD and your sex drive

durda_dan

I am still young, only 21, I remember back when i was 14 up until the start of ym OCD, i had sex everyday, i thought of sex everyday and i would never turn down sex, Since i have OCD i find that my sex drive is still there, But it is so small it takes me a long time to get turned on, Or not that i don't get turned on, But rather i would just want to not have sex, rather get a blowjob or a handjob instead....
Anybody elses OCD make their sex lives strange?

Yes my sex drive went down with OCD as well too. I attribute mine to do with the Paxil I take tho. Sometimes anti-depressents and anxeity OCD meds cause sexual side effects (if you take any)...plus OCD is stressflu so that def. has an impact on your sex life too probably

DaaaBulls

I haven't had sex yet but I know what you mean. When I was in middle school and high school I would masterbate all of the time. It used to be fun and I would get aroused by just looking at a chick. Now it's a struggle to get up and I suppose that is one reason why I am nervous about having sex, I don't not want to get up with a girl.

getbornagain

DaaaBulls said:
I haven't had sex yet but I know what you mean. When I was in middle school and high school I would masterbate all of the time. It used to be fun and I would get aroused by just looking at a chick. Now it's a struggle to get up and I suppose that is one reason why I am nervous about having sex, I don't not want to get up with a girl.

Same situation here. Used to be a horny little bastard just looking at a chick would get me roarin but now it's nowhere near and I'm only 19. Must be due to the depression/anxiety... I'm not on any meds either which is concerning to me because I want to go on them to get my mind right.

DaaaBulls

Yeah I hear ya, I really miss those days when I would get aroused for no reason or when just checking out a chick, I remember when I was in the car or out in public I would try and hide it or stay still for a few secs to let it die down, oh what I would do to just get one of those random/easy arousals a day... for that matter a week... month.

I also miss in high school when I would enjoy picturing girls when I did it, now I guess I am just so clouded that I don't really use my imagination any more. Sucks. But I'm glad you made this topic because I have actually been thinking about this a lot lately. There are a couple girls I'm trying to get with and this keeps crossing my mind. I keep telling myself that my body is just tired of $%^ it and needs the real thing in order for that stuff to come back. I mean I'm only 22, I should still have at least 8-18 years left of good sexual arousals. Right?

getbornagain

I went and got a blood test today to check my testosterone levels. I know it's highly unlikely I'm low but low sex drive, depression, anxiety and fatigue are all symptoms of low test.... Can't hurt to check that either. I'm definitely hoping that's the problem, but I'm about 99% sure it's not what's killing me.... it'd be nice to just get some presribed steroids and inject the life back into me!