Not Good...

sanitariumcalls

Been having major intrusive thoughts for the past hour...

My boyfriend and I got in a nasty fight earlier this evening, we're still not talking and he's sleeping out on the couch right now.

I keep seeing myself grabbing his gun and killing myself, but I don't want to die!!

I want this to stop! I want him to come to bed and hold me but he never seems to understand why I'm depressed or emotional... I feel so alone right now...

I'm so tired, but I can't sleep because my mind won't stfu about suicide and me telling my bf to get out but I don't want either of those...

I really hate this... someone, help?
Crack a joke?
Advice?!

Been having major intrusive thoughts for the past hour...

My boyfriend and I got in a nasty fight earlier this evening, we're still not talking and he's sleeping out on the couch right now.

I keep seeing myself grabbing his gun and killing myself, but I don't want to die!!

I want this to stop! I want him to come to bed and hold me but he never seems to understand why I'm depressed or emotional... I feel so alone right now...

I'm so tired, but I can't sleep because my mind won't stfu about suicide and me telling my bf to get out but I don't want either of those...

I really hate this... someone, help?
Crack a joke?
Advice?!

Afraid the only joke I know is the killing joke. By now I am sure you've read it. If not, let me know. It works for me.

Advice, is it seen that the he should come to you? Not you go to him?

-- Sorry, not advice, just questions.

Things happen in life we don't want. try and keep calm. Resolution to the problem may, might be within the mind. An area of the mind not consciously seen or understood.

sanitariumcalls

He came to bed not 20 minutes after I posted...

Still not talking but its a step in the peaceful direction I guess...

Will try to calm my mind and get some sleep.

Thanks for listening :)

Good news.
Right direction, yes, opposed to the left.
Listening, no, I read. Listening is hard for me to comprehend. But I do try.

Feathers

Sorry to hear about it..

Do you have enough calcium and magnesium? B vitamins?

Many men can have trouble understanding or accepting emotional ways of women.. Maybe the book Men Are from Mars Women Are from Venus could be helpful? Check if your library has it..
It says how (many) women go up and down emotionally, related to hormonal cycle and such, while 'men are like elastics' - sometimes need to go away and get some distance and then they come back.. (And don't have a clue about women's emotions or don't know how to react - the book says a hug can be enough, I think.. if I remember it right.. Maybe it could serve as a starting point for conversation? Maybe to read him a few excerpts and ask his opinion?)

It may also help you to deal with your emotions and such elsewhere - journalling, CBT, EFT, TAT, going out for a walk (when possible) or exercise, tweaking nutrition (I know you're a foodie! :) there can be yummy things with good vitamins and minerals too!)... or venting here/to other friends..

Also know it's not his job to be your therapist, and that emotional overwhelm can be overwhelming, for some people more than others, girls can laugh at our problems and feel even better if someone also has similar problems (though even that has its limits, it's good to have several people you can vent to if you're under a lot of stress or such, so you don't overwhelm just one), men can also feel 'responsible' or even 'guilty' if they think they might be responsible for your happiness..

So, my guess is, he's still there, on the couch - that means he still cares. (If he didn't, he could be out the door.. And even then it could still mean he cares and just needed some space and he could still come back, more loving than before..)

Do you have food to eat these days? (Being hungry/not getting enough good nutrients can make you overly emotional too..) If not, is there a plan to get it?
I had a friend who was not eating ('saving money', also had a bit of eating disorder) and was then constantly overwhelmed and I really couldn't deal with it at the time either...
Please know you have to take care of yourself first, and respect yourself, and deal with things in a constructive way.
Then, other people can accept you easier too, with emotions and everything, the whole package..

Last edited:

sanitariumcalls

*sniffles* I really appreciate your feedback guys...

Well he came back to bed, didn't say a word, and we both fell asleep (finally, because I was REALLY exhausted... damn emotions lol)

Said maybe four words to each other this morning... and he left for work without a hug or goodbye.

I know him well enough that, most likely, he thinks I'm still mad at him because I did let loose on him after his tirade on me... which is mostly true. It takes me a while to let my anger fizzle down before I can forgive someone and talk things out.

We get into these fights at least once every six months or so, so we're in a pretty healthy relationship I guess.

I know he's not my therapist, I'm currently trying to find one actually, but he comes home and vents on me about his crappy day and when I do the same he acts like I'm bringing drama home. That was the basis of our fight.

*sigh*

I am eating well, and healthier, and I get out every day... I've just been off meds and out of therapy for so long (6-7 years) my rollercoaster Bipolar self is rearing its ugly head again...

I just want my guy back, not this stressed out-drinking after work-pissy guy lately...

Feathers

Good to know you're eating well & healthier & going out and all!! :)

Once every 6 months isn't such a big deal, it depends how you handle it too..

Hm, okay, I can see a problem here...
he comes home and vents on me about his crappy day and when I do the same he acts like I'm bringing drama home. That was the basis of our fight.
Does he work and bring home the bacon and you're 'just at home having fun/studying'? This could be one of the problems.. It can get unbalanced if there's one money earner in the house.. Though some people seem to manage okay with it too.. (Not sure how they do it?)

I just want my guy back, not this stressed out-drinking after work-pissy guy lately...
Hm, does he have a lot of stress at work lately, or some bad company/mates who drag him with, or could he be trying to self-medicate with alcohol? I have relatives who were alcoholics and it can be a really big problem.. If worst comes to worst, find help for yourself with AlAnon.. See if there's a local group..

Can you later on agree on a different routine when he comes from work? When you're both calm and have a heart-to-heart talk?
Maybe he's hungry and needs something to eat first? Or to take a nap or a shower or something? Maybe *you* need a nap or shower first, so he can unwind meanwhile..? People can be sooo different when they are rested or have had something to eat..

In a book someone also succeeded by telling her man, 'This is just not like you..' (And after a while he started saying it himself, 'I know, this is just not like me'.. lol)

Maybe he needs to know that *you* are not his therapist either, and may have had a bad day, and that maybe talking about other things or sharing the good bits too could make your day a whole lot better?

A friend of mine told me she 'doesn't want to burden her husband right now' with some problems.. I thought it was really 'Wow,' look how caring she is.. (I'm not sure if I could do that either.) Maybe you can ask yourself if it's really important he knows something or if you can tell him a bit later or in a different way? Or if you can tell someone else who might be more helpful? (eg if it's about a problem with a professor, other students could be more helpful as they know him and can sympathize? Or it may be best to talk to the person directly and/or solve any problems if you can?)

Things can become 'poor me' competitions, where each party can compete how terribly they were wronged.. Sometimes this can be fun (depends who you do it with) sometimes it can be unconstructive..
Sometimes it can be about households chores and such too (not saying it's in your case, just maybe something to think or ask about..)

On the other hand, there must be some balance.. I've had friends and acquaintances that just 'unloaded' and weren't able to listen.. With some, you could talk about it, some didn't seem to get it.. If there's not a balance, it does not work long-term..

I can understand how someone just wants to unload - and then just gets a 'new heap of stuff' instead of peace and calm.. and might get frustrated.. Again, maybe there's a man-woman difference here.. Girls can often just laugh about it then, once both unloaded.. If it's not too long-term and too frequent.. and if it's balanced.. If someone is much more emotional or energetic than another it can sort of tip the balance and can get exhausting..

There's no need to get back to '1950's wives' and pretty yourself up with some potroast and a cheerful smile expecting the man - though with some men, it might work?? :) hm?
Or just using the 'holy water' approach (you've probably heard about it :D) and talk to them when they calm down? ;)

A good talk can probably help solve things, once you're both ready for it, and find solutions that work for the two of you.. (Better to not try too soon if he's still moody and you both upset, probably better to talk when you both calm down sort of..) Some people don't like to talk when upset.. There are also more and less constructive ways of talking.. You both can learn about these things..

Wishing you good luck!

sanitariumcalls

Feathers,

The irony here is yes, I do stay home/go to school but I make more money than he does with my SSDI and Veterans Education Allowance...

He is the type of guy who, when I did tell him once he was drinking too much, he said at least he can control himself... while that's mostly true, and he's no where near an alcoholic's load (I'm the child of 2 of them, I know what to look for), I am still not the most comfortable with it.

He has a VERY high stress job, being the youngest at his work but the hardest worker, and he makes good money for being in his early 20's...

I would have to sit and take hours to explain the complexity behind our relationship and personalities lol...

You make a good point on asking myself if I need to share something with him, I think because I don't have many friends I tend to lean on him for venting, and vise versa from him as well... we keep a quiet, private life and I think while the benefits are great, the downfall is we don't have that social escape with a friend.

Again, I appreciate the feedback... I'm so glad I found this site ^_^