Not going well?

Roman Legion

I am going through online counseling to try and indentify exactly what I have and have done only two sessions now, but feel it is not effective. It's hard to explain, but I feel my counselor does not understand and so on.. Anyone else been through online counseling know what I mean or if my feelings here are nothing more than fear turning into full on paranoia?

MikeyC

You can't expect any results after 2 sessions. A friend of mine with Asperger's said he went to therapy for seven months before he found any improvement. It's a long, slow, painful process. Online therapy would be even longer because you don't have the advantage of being in the same room and looking at them. You'll need more than 2 before noticing improvements.

Roman Legion

I'm not looking so much for 'improving' I am just looking for the answer.. What exactly do I have? just feel that this counseling is going nowhere fast, I don't trust the counselor and feel that she has no earthly idea what I'm talking about or going through.

MikeyC

It's up to you if you trust her. If you don't, find a new one. No use wasting your time on someone who you don't trust.

Roman Legion

It's up to you if you trust her. If you don't, find a new one. No use wasting your time on someone who you don't trust.

I don't really trust anyone, so switching to another person is not likely to work out better. Like I said a while ago, I have this thing where I feel everyone around me is hostile.. Maybe it's just me, but the fact that I'm not sure if she understands me is a big issue. I only get a set (small number) of counselings per year from this online service so switiching would cost me as I'd have to start over with someone new.

MikeyC

Well, it's up to you what you want to do. From the outside looking in, I would say stick with this one for a little longer and hopefully she'll begin to understand.

cekicgu

I am going through online counseling to try and indentify exactly what I have and have done only two sessions now, but feel it is not effective. It's hard to explain, but I feel my counselor does not understand and so on.. Anyone else been through online counseling know what I mean or if my feelings here are nothing more than fear turning into full on paranoia?

hi.I don't know what you are suffering from but I don't suggest not counselling online.ıt doesn't give u the intimate communication and if u think that she or he doesn't understand u,talk about that.talking about the relationship with the counsellor sometimes helps to improve the relation.

Roman Legion

hi.I don't know what you are suffering from but I don't suggest not counselling online.ıt doesn't give u the intimate communication and if u think that she or he doesn't understand u,talk about that.talking about the relationship with the counsellor sometimes helps to improve the relation.

I can't afford to go to one in person, this is a free service and I am very poor and without a real job. I'm not sure if I feel I am able to tell her that, it's not a bad idea, but I think that would cause much uneeded anxiety. Even if I saw one in person, I'd basically would have to communicate through nods, shakes and writing things down.. As I do to register for classes. I don't know exactly what I have, I can only make deductions based on how I feel and the things I do.. Which is the only real reason I contacted the counselor; I don't seek to change or 'improve' I just want answers and then to find a way to better live around this.