Not feeling ready

gustavofring

I often have things planned that I really need to do, but I have that feeling of "I'm not ready".

Things like calling a doctor, meeting up with a teacher, just paying the bills, calling a relative or friend..
I hate this constant procrastination, and it always ends up to the point where the bucket overflows and I HAVE to take action. It's like I need some form of adrenaline, fear, or something to get me into doing stuff.

I don't know what the root of this is. Maybe it's social anxiety, maybe it's depression, maybe it's a complete lack of focus...

Does anyone else experience it?

MNM322

I do and I even make lists but it doesn't always help. I get too distracted with my routine of life to remember things

I do this all the time, avoid doing things because I want to wait until it feels right. It's partly the fear of doing it wrong and appearing stupid

jryden

Yes, I do this too. Like MNM322 said, I make lists and then I dont feel ready to do it and a day comes when they all NEED to be done and at that point its way more than it should have been. But I have no choice but to do it. Stressfull!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Oh, yeah all the time. Most of the time I need to forced myself to do something I've planned, especially if I've set my mind to it.

Lisy

I am in the same situation, I procrastinate a lot, I try to avoid "problems"... Today I woke up early because I wanted to go to the post office, but I wasn't able to go out until 12.00 ...
I think my problem is the fear of doing something wrong and people will think I'm stupid.
I can do things only when there isn't much time left and I get very anxious, I hate myself for wasting days doing nothing and I regret not taking care of things with calm.
My mother thinks I'm very lazy, I don't think it's only laziness..