No Thankyou

Try to say. No I am not interested. By that you say, please **ck of but in a nice way. By saying no thanks, not today, you are inviting them to try to push you more, because you are saying that, today I dont want but maybe later, and that little word maybe can really mean a lot in sales.

This is exactly right. If they can sense the slightest hint of doubt in you, they will just keep fishing. You can also grab your stuff and turn to walk out, then they have to finish up.

I always feel intimidated when walking into game stores. I love gaming, but I'm not the upper echelon type of gamer. I would have felt so inferior if this happened to me. They had no right to force a membership on you. Usually, the sales person accepts when I decline, or I say "maybe another time" instead of completely saying no. In general, I always have difficulty saying no.

Try to say. No I am not interested. By that you say, please **ck of but in a nice way. By saying no thanks, not today, you are inviting them to try to push you more, because you are saying that, today I dont want but maybe later, and that little word maybe can really mean a lot in sales.

good advice I'll surely use it next time!

there was a guy a few years back came to my door offering FREE dental insurance, and i was in a good mood that day, so i let it in.
half an hour later i wasnt in as good a mood, cause he kept talking garbage about all these other things i could sign up to! like axa insurance for over 50s, or remote controlled parosols for my garage!!
i tried the "no thankyou" option a few times, it never worked!
he said its only £2.50 per month, the price of a pint of beer, what would you rather have? a pint or teeth?
i said "a pint" and then i hit him, and he lost 2 teeth
ive not seen the guy since
but if the "no thankyou" approach doesnt work, try the "**** OFF" approach

LOL your posts always a good laugh :)

It's really the most annoying part of "real life" shopping. That's why I buy my crap online. I know it's their job and they are just trying to make a living, but it is extremely uncomfortable for me.