No pants for tall skinny people

RonFrank

I am 6'0 and 145lb.

It's always tough for me to find a pair that actually fits me. I always have to worry about walking down the street looking lanky or looking like im wearing a big brother's hand-me-downs.

This is one of the many reason's i don't like to go out or interact with people. There's plenty of place that sells clothing for average people and even large people. But it feels like it will take years to find something that will fit me.

Society is so fixated on helping people lose weight, they forget about the people that are struggling to gain weight.

Anyone have any experience with this?

WeirdyMcGee

Finding clothes that fit can be a problem for anyone who isn't a sample size.

The thing is--- most people are not a sample size.

If you have money to invest in a tailor, I'd suggest you do it.
Either that, or learn to sew.
I learned to sew and make alot of my clothes by hand because what I find in stores do not fit me at all.
When your shape does not suit clothing/furniture, the only things you can do are stick with ill fitting things or invest in custom pieces.

You are right though-- I often overlook people who are trying to gain weight.
It seems like it's not seen as a 'problem' unlike being overweight but either can create difficulties in one's life.
So can being short/tall/wide/narrow/fluctuating weight.

Silatuyok

I am short and very tiny. It is extremely hard for me to find clothes that fit. I buy jeans in the children's section at Target, which is cool because they cost $12 haha. At least I have the advantage of being able to get my pants hemmed up, which is one advantage to being short rather than tall.
The worst thing for me is that I am a very outdoorsy type of person, but every single outdoor outfitters I've been to does not sell women's hiking/athletic clothing in anything smaller than a size 4. Apparently only average size women like to get outside and enjoy nature.
I wear scrubs at work, and even though I got extra small, I am still swimming in them and it's not very comfortable for me. I just wish people would realize that tiny people like to work and have fun too.
Rant over.