no experience to draw from

no1

Banned
Does anyone have a problem where they have hardly any or no experience to draw from that they can relate with to others, or feel comfortable with sharing? or nothing fun/exciting to share? I've had this problem. Nothing ever goes on in my life because of this. Even if I started to, it wouldn't go anywhere because people might consider me differently, or at least it seems.

I could go anywhere I wanted to by myself it seems, if I had a history. But without it I'm just vulnerable...

FOR REAL

Banned
i understand, what ive learned to do since i was really young is to use humour or sarcasm to hide or disguise my anxiety. (which makes me seem even madder than i already am, but still makes me feel a bit more secure)
but still i have the feeling of 'feeling alone'

NothingElseMatters

lack of experience is what makes me feel bad and guilty about myself everytime i talk to a confident person that has many stories to tell.That's y i avoid them most of the time.But i gain some little by little everytime i do sth even if it is stupid

Even if I started to, it wouldn't go anywhere because people might consider me differently, or at least it seems.

it's good to be different.And you can start doing it for yourself and not for others:)

Yep I know what you mean... I'm the same

But you gotta look at things in a positive light because it's the only way to get better. For example, your lack of experience means that so many things you'll do will be your first time ever doing it; and think of this as a good thing: everything is new and exciting for you, like an unexplored land or undiscovered treasures.

It helps if every time you do something new, you write down that accomplishment in a journal. If it was a fun experience, you'll be glad that you took the risk to try it; if it was a bad experience, it's still a good learning experience - you did your best and it'll be easier the next time. And whenever you're having a bad day you can go back to ur journal, look at the evidence of your progress and motivate urself to get back on the horse.

Think about the alternative. If you've seen it all, done it all, then your future would look pretty boring wouldn't it.

divethruhaze

that's why i watch a lot of movies / TV shows: i get the experience of the characters, well not really but its still better than nothing. I also try to read news and anything else that i can on internet

danstelter

Well, you do have experience with anxiety! Find an anxiety group and share with people there.

And, of course, this also means that you now have the opportunity to gain experience! Think about what it is that you might like to do or have always wanted to do and try it! If it's fun, keep doing it, and if it sucks, forget about doing it anymore! Get out there and just try something!

206Raider

know what you mean, I don't like what my life as become and I hate today becuase it's nice out and people are having fun and I'm here self loathing becuase I screwed up my life and let this get to me. it really beat me down. my friends abandoned me and vice versa becuase of this, so I don't want to go to no parties with them no more it's all negative energy and they ask what the hell I been up to, and I don't have an answer. Even if I wanted to go out now (which I really do) I can't....my bank is overdrawn, I have no job or no money and basically no friends. I keep feelings like I'm slipping farther and farther away too.

Noca

Banned
I draw my experiences from watching hours on end of television, it seems to work for me.