marksmania

Hi I new to the site. I am currently seeing same psychiatrist for the last 10 years. To name a few I am bipolar and have social phobia. I go to a weekly social phobia group with just four of us and Pam the psychologist is the mediator.

I been clean going on 23 years and my social phobia keeps me isolated and this year I come home from work and stay in the whole weekend.

Major problem is that I have so much fear dating avoidance rejection of females and have not been in a relationship in years since I got clean. I did not know I had this and would have terrible panic attacks. I need help overcoming this fear. I want to share my life with someone.

I am been compliant with my medications for the first time in 10 years and my mania has cause major problems in my life.

I know I am not alone and any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark

Last edited:

Yes We Can

Hey Mark, welcome aboard. First, I would like to commend you for remaining clean for 23 years, wow, major accomplishment. I would also like to say it's great that you're taking steps to better yourself, you're definitely going in the right direction. As far as fear of rejection from females go, have you brought this topic up with the therapist? Maybe that can be a start in a positive direction, that is, if you haven't already done that. I wish you much success in your journey, your accomplishments are an inspiration to many, myself included. Good luck.

Last edited:

marksmania

Thanks everyone for your kinds words.

I need to get out of my comfort zone. Last year I was mounting biking alone?
Also going to the gym. Then this year I just gave up. I want to have a relationship but my SP gets in the way. Just posting was embarrassing but I want to change. I will keep posting.

Thanks Mark :)

Yes We Can

Thanks everyone for your kinds words.

I need to get out of my comfort zone. Last year I was mounting biking alone?
Also going to the gym. Then this year I just gave up. I want to have a relationship but my SP gets in the way. Just posting was embarrassing but I want to change. I will keep posting.

Thanks Mark :)

I'm glad you decided you're going to continue posting, this may helpful for you. Is there a specific event that made you decide to give up?