[newbie reports] Idrostar with baking soda

lalahaha

Hi everybody,

I am another Hyperhidrosis sufferer who has been having this for more than 20 years.

I got my idrostar last year and used for like a month. I didn't work out for me unfortunately. So I stopped using it. And then I ran into this forum when I was trying to figure out why it didn't work for me today. I got to know that adding some baking soda might help. So I am going to start using it with baking soda for a while, hopefully it'll dry my hands. I'll report my progress everyday.

If any of you have any kinds of suggestions, please kindly shoot them. I really appreciate that. Thanks!!

Sprawling

Baking soda will increase the conductivity. I hope your treatment works this time around. We have tons of advice and things you can possibly try. Read the back posts for more insight.

lalahaha

Thanks Sprawling! I know that you have a lot experience doing all kinds of experiments. I love reading your posts!

so I did my first treatment last night. 6mA for 20 minutes each hand. Nothing improved noticed today of course, I didn't expect anything from first time treatment anyways. Hope things will get better after one or two weeks. :D

lalahaha

2nd treatment

I could handle 4mA last night. My hands felt like burning and turned red on some spots. I had to use a lot vaseline to get a little better. Will continue.

lalahaha

3rd treatment

4mA 20min each side. Today I felt a bit improvement. My hands were dry sometimes through the day. But when I noticed that my hands were dry, they started sweating right away. And then they became dry again until I noticed. And again.

That's a good sign to me.

Soy Sauce

Honestly, in my humble opinion, the reason why iontophoresis is not successful in a lot of cases is because some people give up too fast. If they don't see results quickly, they become discouraged and just give up. The very first time I got iontophoresis to work for me, I had to do more than the suggested amount of treatments before I saw results. Just be persistent and try not to miss any consecutive days without treatment. Also, make sure you're doing at least 40 min sessions. Put the idrostar on whatever setting you can withstand, for at least 40 min.

I think factors like the water you use will effect how long it takes to see results. Also, as your hands get used to the treatments and you can turn up the power, you should see quicker results in later treatments. Just don't give up!

HH

Soy Sauce is right. You need to do a good number of initial treatments (usually around 10-15 treatments, once a day for at least 30mins) before you can start cutting back. Keep doing what you're doing and in a month or two you should start seeing good results.

Sprawling

I agree. For the most part I can see results within 5-7 treatments. I've had it where treatments took up to 6 weeks to work. Try not to give up.

lalahaha

Thank you, everybody! It's so nice to have you guys here. I'll continue my treatment until I see significant results.

so I did the 4th and 5th treatments on weekend. I think the situation is getting better. I went to an outdoor car show on Saturday. It was 80 degree outside. My hands were sweating just a little. Normally, they would've sweat like raining. On Sunday, my hands were dry almost the whole day except when I was vacuuming my house.

I'll do another treatment tonight, see how it goes tomorrow.

Thank you guys for your support!

lalahaha

Hi everybody,

Sorry I haven't posted in long time. I was on vacation where I couldn't access this website. Anyway, I kept doing my treatments. I haven't seen much improvements, however. So frustrated right now. I'll keep on doing this for another month, if no improvement by then, I'll call it done that it doesn't work for me.

Thank you, Sprawling, for asking and your help.

skillzx3

Hey lalahaha, it seems to me that we're on the same boat. I also have gone through many iontophoresis sessions and never have I noticed a cessation in sweating. Hmm, strange question, have you ever noticed a tremor in your hand (I have this, and maybe it's related to the inefficacy of the treatments. Is there anything you think might , be linked to this? Let me know, cheers!

lalahaha

guys, I officially abandoned the treatment. I didn't work out for me. Too bad.

I am going to sell my Idrostar. If you guys know anybody that needs this machine, let me know.

skillzx3, I don't have tremor. I hope it'll work for you.

Sprawling

What a bummer that treatment works for some and not others. I do believe it has to do with something within our bodies. I've noticed how treatment has changed for me as fibromyalgia does its thing on my body. I have concluded that it's way more than just water quality that effects treatment.