New Meds...

silveraks13

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!

Day 4 of Paxil and I feel dead inside!! I at least got smart enough to take it before bed so that I can go to sleep when it hits me hard but even when I wake up in the morning I feel so strange.

I don't know how to describe it but it feels like the person that feels things, anything, is being weighed down under a thousand mattresses. I can hear her muffled under it all but can't hear what she is saying.

I have no energy. And I feel so guilty because I have a four month old baby that needs her mommy.

I am trying very hard to give myself the space to get used to this medicine and let it level out in my system because I am hoping that it will help and the whirlwind that is usually in my head will quiet down.

Scary stuff this is....

Section_31

It can take as long as a few weeks to 2ish months for you to start feeling relatively normal again...this is why doctors tell you to just hang on.

When i went on celexa, hooolllly craap, that stuff fvcked me up!. Huge brain fog, couldnt think properly at all, it was very unsettling. Then i got switched to wellbutrin.

Just hang in there and pace yourself, and be forgiving with yourself, this is a big deal for your brain chemistry. Your bound to feel strange. This will pass, just take it slow and you will be alright :).

silveraks13

Is this medicine for SA? And did you ask your doctor about...what it's supposed to do?

Yes, supposedly it is. But all body chemistry is different so we just have to see if it works with mine and unfortunatly that takes a little bit of time where things get to feel worse.

silveraks13

When i went on celexa, hooolllly craap, that stuff fvcked me up!

Thank you!!! And I agree with you. It's just hard. Even though I know this feeling, been on Celexa and Zoloft, and know it will pass...It's just hard to be forgiving!! I want to feel better now!!

Celexa scarier stuff huh?!?!? I actually ended up in a mental ward for 20 days a few years back after "accidentally" getting taken off it by doctors. Withdrawl from SSRI are even scarier than the feeling of them getting into your system.

Wish I didn't need to be on any meds....but I gotta be here, present, and grounded for my baby girl.