New Here :)

shore_of_glass

Hi there. I'm 19 and I have Social Anxiety (not diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure).

I found this forum when, in one of my down, depressive moments I started googling social anxiety. And here I am.

Don't know why I'm like this, I just am. Been ruining my life since I can remember, from relationships to life goals and school work.

I just got Dr. Thomas A. Richards - Overcoming Social Anxiety tapes and book. I hope it helps me. Unfortunitely I'm not a guy of keeping routines, so I just might give up halfway...

enough ranting in the intro, I hope I get along well in this community and see ya around! :)

Last edited:
Hey Shore! Im doing Dr. Richards CD's too. Theres another guy called PrettyBoy who's doin' it too if you ever wanna have a natter about it! Dont think he'll be online much for a bit but i'm always here! Im pretty sure theres a few others too. By the way- can you tell me how long the hypnosis track thing you have is? I think i got the wrong one! Good luck and i hope it works for us!

shore_of_glass

thanks guys :)

Hey Shore! Im doing Dr. Richards CD's too. Theres another guy called PrettyBoy who's doin' it too if you ever wanna have a natter about it! Dont think he'll be online much for a bit but i'm always here! Im pretty sure theres a few others too. By the way- can you tell me how long the hypnosis track thing you have is? I think i got the wrong one! Good luck and i hope it works for us!

hi! Sure I might talk about it. Have you practiced slow talk?

I only listened the first session where he talks about SA and himself. They're all titled from Session #1 to Session #20, side A and B of the tape. You know which session it is?

I dont think its numbered. Maybe its just an extra! I was pure nervous incase I was missing out on a hypnosis track! Suppose he wouldve mentioned if there was one... I'm practicing slow talk at the mo! Im on that tape. I only started friday y'see! Theres a really good point made about singing to avoid negative thoughts. Strangely enough i always did that while passing people that might insult me! I only noticed today!

Hi shore of glass! Welcome. I'm new myself and I find it good to be able to talk to others who have similar problems. There is a lot of good advice on here and people seem very helpful. I'm 29 and have suffered SA since I high school.. At least thats the time i noticed something was wrong with me socially. Take care!

Isaac

Welcome shore of glass. If you do feel discouraged with the Dr Richards tapes and books halfway through, come in here and you will find someone who can help inspire you to continue with it.