Need help with alienation!

Solar

Hi people,

I've been living with SA for a while now, and even though I have it, I do want to know how to deal with alienation!

You see, whenever I actually know someone I can easily alienate myself from them after a a few weeks to months :( I fear this will be happening to my parents one day too, and I couldn't live with myself if this were ever to happen!

I need to know how I can actually achieve intimimate relations with anyone. And more importantly, how to refrain from losing the feeling of intimacy. I know that regular contact is a way to avoid alienation, but I need to have the "will" to do it.

And this leads to another point in my problem. I don't know how to communicate well, as I can't maintain conversations and I don't know how to make other feel comfortable in conversation. This blocks off my possibility to have intimacy. I also never curse or cus, as i think you can get there without it.

fitftw

I feel like everyone here, including you, can explain their issues whereas I can't. I have this same problem. I'm not sure I want to learn to have intimate relationships with anyone though. Isn't it better to not have that constant weight on your shoulders? Or does it really bother you MORE to not have that weight of responsibility bearing down on you? I find it boring most of the time when people try to converse with me. Except on the internet for some reason. In the navy I went 99% of the four years without talking to my parents. 2 deployments without talking to them. I can live without anyone in my life. It's a little sad, but it's very calm.

Solar

I feel like everyone here, including you, can explain their issues whereas I can't. I have this same problem. I'm not sure I want to learn to have intimate relationships with anyone though. Isn't it better to not have that constant weight on your shoulders? Or does it really bother you MORE to not have that weight of responsibility bearing down on you? I find it boring most of the time when people try to converse with me. Except on the internet for some reason. In the navy I went 99% of the four years without talking to my parents. 2 deployments without talking to them. I can live without anyone in my life. It's a little sad, but it's very calm.

Yes I know how you feel, I'd rather live all alone as well. But it is mainly my parents I truly don't want to alienate from, they are not prejudicing me and they completely understand me where other people refuse to understand this SA. I owe them so, so much.

And I need to know how to be intimate because this country I live is like... the pinnacle of social society... My entire environment, and there is not one single SA human to be found but me!

Alienate, do not want. It will happen. It has happened. For myself, even to family. After time, really, think, who cares?

Think again, alone. Where you want to be? Not really. What's fun is fun, what's done is done.

fooj

... I can live without anyone in my life. It's a little sad, but it's very calm.

I can empathise with that. I think calm is the right way to describe it. I prefer the neutrality that isolation brings at the moment.

SilverFire

I find it boring most of the time when people try to converse with me. I can live without anyone in my life. It's a little sad, but it's very calm.

F R E A K I N G Z A C T L Y.

I pity people trying to talk to me, actually; I can see them trying, and while they may have good intentions, they're just fumbling with a combination lock that they have no chance at opening. I sigh and try to work with them a bit and usually wander off. Most people I find not only dull but INSUFFERABLY dull.

And yes, I too have come to have some kind of calm by not having many relationships. I suppose this comes from my sensitive side, but, I can also sense a slow dying in me, because of it. I'm calm, but preserved, like a museum specimen. I feel, somehow, like I'm missing out on life, while also feeling death close on my heels.

Hi people,

I've been living with SA for a while now, and even though I have it, I do want to know how to deal with alienation!

You see, whenever I actually know someone I can easily alienate myself from them after a a few weeks to months :( I fear this will be happening to my parents one day too, and I couldn't live with myself if this were ever to happen!

I need to know how I can actually achieve intimimate relations with anyone. And more importantly, how to refrain from losing the feeling of intimacy. I know that regular contact is a way to avoid alienation, but I need to have the "will" to do it.

And this leads to another point in my problem. I don't know how to communicate well, as I can't maintain conversations and I don't know how to make other feel comfortable in conversation. This blocks off my possibility to have intimacy. I also never curse or cus, as i think you can get there without it.

do you have children?