Need help from people who use (or have tried) Robinul/Avert

jay77

Robinul is the only thing that has really been able to help with my hyperhidrosis. I get a few side effects like dry mouth and bloating, but that doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me is that every time I use it my heart starts pounding and my chess starts feeling like someone is standing on it. It also makes me feel extremely anxious.

I have read a few articles saying that robinul is associated with an increased heart rate. Is that safe for long term use? I need robinul to not be a sweaty mess, but I do not want to end up having a heart attack by the time I am 40 because of this medicine.

sean_turner74

That's strange, I don't remember ever getting side effects like that.

Could it possibly be interacting with other meds you're taking?

You can maybe contact the pharmacists at pharmacy.ca, they may have an answer (I've asked them questions before and they're helpful).

HHDisturbed

I am currently taking a 1mg Advert (glycopyrrolate) daily along with applying the 1.5% Secure topical glyco wipes to the effected areas every other day. (Which seems to work quite well for me.) I do get the dry mouth & reduced urination but I do stay hydrated. However, I have never experienced a tightening or pains in the chest or heart. You might try slightly reducing your dosage to see if it helps reduce your symptoms.

A few years back I tried prescription Robinul Forte which is the extra extra strength version and I discontinued because it dried me out too much along with a strong metalic taste and loss of taste of foods. This was restored once I stopped taking them.

margiehope

My doctor had to OK Avert because it can increase blood pressure. I've been all right though--nothing like pounding heart beat or tight feeling in chest--doesn't sound good.
Have you checked with your doctor for any problems?

jay77

I have talked to my doctor about it and all she said was it "might" not be a good idea to keep taking it, but she never gave me any other solutions to try and she knows that I continued taking it. One of the side effects listed is "tachyhardia" which means fast heart beat so it kind of makes sense why I am experiencing a pounding heart, but no one else seems to be having the same issues so it is weird. I mostly have the pounding heart issue right after I wake up. Whenever I take it, I always wake up at around 5 in the morning and feel extremely panicked. Also, I try not to take it too often because the heart issue makes me nervous. I usually take only 1mg dose in the morning 2-3 times per week.

If it wasn't for the heart issue, Robinul would be a very good solution for me. It helps keep my whole body dry (except when I am stressed sometimes my hands still sweat) and I otherwise don't have bad side effects like dry mouth.

jay77

And @sean could you give me the email that you used for pharmacy.ca? I couldn't find it

J4812

When I emailed pharmacy.ca, they said that they need my full name so they can look me up in their system, but I got the pills from my doctor not them :/

sean_turner74

When I emailed pharmacy.ca, they said that they need my full name so they can look me up in their system, but I got the pills from my doctor not them :/
That's weird, they didn't ask me anything like that, they just answered my questions.