Need advice on someone...

Daniel089

I think I already told in other topics that my SA isn't really an issue or doesn't quite exist for me, but I'm an introvert type, I have no friends literally, nor social experiences, just rarely, while at work and at my uni.

A while ago I realized that there is one little thing more important for me than finding friends: finding a girlfriend. I recently registered on a dating site, and yesterday all of a sudden I got a letter from a girl who I never messaged before. We messaged a bit then she told me to add her on facebook, I did, though we didn't chat yet, it is possible that we'll do that tonight.

She is one heck of an extrovert type: she goes to festivals, has lots of friends, there isn't a reason why she wouldn't be a happy person and all, at least from what I saw on her pictures.

Now, I know that it wouldn't be a wise choice to tell everything about myself as soon as possible, but sooner or later she might see that I'm a quiet type, moreover because when she'll ask about my hobbies, what I do in my freetime, where I usally hang out with others, what do I do with my friends on friday evenings, etc etc., everything she might build up in her mind about me would just collapse - once I tell her about the "real me".

I know it's maybe a dumb thing to dwell on the future, but what do you people think about my situation?

Last edited:

MNM322

Just be honest... go at the pace you are comfortable with but don't lie. Girls esp. hate that

Daniel089

Just be honest... go at the pace you are comfortable with but don't lie. Girls esp. hate that

OK I don't say I lied but I said something not very true about myself, that I "usally" go to concerts, (truth is I rarely go) I wanted to say I'm just comfortable with that rather than going partying in a disco or something. Actually on that dating site profile I wrote a few sentences about myself - I mentioned that I don't usally hang out on parties (I rather sit in a bar, talking to others while having a beer) yet she wrote me, maybe she doesn't care at all... I don't want to lie, I wanna be myself, but a conversation would be pretty difficult...

MNM322

Sure it will be hard... thats why I said, go with what you are comfortable with. If you don't feel ready to be honest about something just say "maybe we can discuss that later when we know each other better" or something..... wish you luck :)

Daniel089

Sure it will be hard... thats why I said, go with what you are comfortable with. If you don't feel ready to be honest about something just say "maybe we can discuss that later when we know each other better" or something..... wish you luck :)

Thanks a lot! :)