Native languages II

Mey

When I saw that post called Native languages, for a second I thought it should be about suffering from lack of confidence when non-native English speakers want to speak English. Which is actually one of my problems.

I Love my native language, sometimes I think my good luck in life was to born somewhere on earth and learn this language as my native language with the best accent ever. Although I still want to be born near the border of Switzerland and learn 4 to 5 European language more, but my mother's tongue is the language of history, art and poetry. It's the language of Mysticism and anyone that wants to learn about the roots of mysteries has to learn Persian.

But as you know we live in the world of changes, somewhere that Everything changes and during years our popular language also changes; it depends to various reasons, usually the power of big countries and their colonies. My father says at his time the second langues was French in the schools, no one used to teach English. Less than a decade German wanted to be the international language and years before that Arabic, Greek and once upon a time Persian.

But you know when we talk about an international language it really has to be International. I mean all these languages are national for some people therefor it can not be the second language for themselves. And as many of you know one of the tools of ruling by rulers has been spreading language. So all powerful countries in the world want Their language to become the second language. As we can see some of the examples in the world today.

I always say the prime tool for communication can be neither cellphones nor the internet. It is Language. We all need to have an international language; a language that's for everyone; and when something can be for everyone? When it's for no one. Like the streets or air which is for no one and in fact is for everyone. Fortunately a smart man already invented this language, which is very easy to learn and teach. Everyone can make his own new words just by adding or removing suffixes and prefixes and use them confidently and be sure that they make sense and everyone understands what they says. It's an exceptional language that has NO exception. It called Esperanto, means the language of hope and it has been made for the world peace. It is my second language.

But unfortunately human notices his mistakes very late. The communication world is growing like a deformed creature that one of his body members raising very fast but his other parts remain short and undeveloped.
As I said today we have smartphone and fast (almost fast) internet lines to make live video chats, in fact we can see each other, we can hear each other but we still don't have the main tool for communicate with each other. Many people use English as their International language, meaning if someone in Japan wants to talk to someone in Brazil both learn English and then they try to talk. This is the tragedy of our age. The age of speed, the age of telecommunication, the age of the global village.

Well because normally if we want to live, we should match ourselves with the world around us, I haven't become an exception in this role. I use English for my daily communications as well because almost all of my friends are English speakers. I'm an agnostic that means I have no knowledge that God exists but I live in an Islamic country and I should pretend that I am a muslim in front of colleagues, bosses, classmates and society, I'm wearing hijab mandatory, facing with "Haji-aghas" outside, filling forms as a muslim... And when I get back home I feel like I'm exploding inside and I think... Why?

It's been a few years that I found my real friends in life. Friends that are not in my "real life". They all live on the Internet. We have something in common with, and it's humanity. Most of them are in the states, some of them are from UK and a few of them are from other countries. It's also very interesting for them that how someone at my age cares about human rights and freedom of speech in a land that's one of the worth countries for human rights. I like to talk to them more and tell them everything that I want to tell but there's a obstacle, which called "language barrier".

Sometimes it even becomes intimidating talking to my native English speaking friends. I ask them to correct me when I say something wrong and without a doubt they are the sweetest people I know in my life but sometimes they make fun of my pronunciation and it's fun I don't mind even sometimes they say some idioms and slang to know if I know the meaning or not and I just laugh but it makes me to think more about my pronunciations and my grammar mistakes and it makes me to speak slowly and forget what was I saying.

Frankly I can't stop thinking about my grammar mistakes if I make one and sadly it's because of the bad educational system that we have and the texts books that teach us how to learn a foreign language by grammar rules not in the natural way.
Long story short, I found this website by accident a few weeks ago and I found it very friendly. I feel I can talk and post here without being worry about my language mistakes. =))

Glad to be here.
Mey
:inlove:

Diend

we should diminish the number of worldwide languages to three: english, spanish, chinese

DeLasDudasInfinitas

Diend said:
we should diminish the number of worldwide languages to three: english, spanish, chinese
I'm afraid I don't agree with you at all. Every language is important because they're part of our culture. Getting rid of them would be as removing a piece of ourselves. All of them matter and not because they have more speakers, for example, chinese, they are better. I'm Spanish and I believe that learning languages is essential to open our minds to new ways of thinking. :)

Heremit

I'm afraid I don't agree with you at all. Every language is important because they're part of our culture. Getting rid of them would be as removing a piece of ourselves. All of them matter and not because they have more speakers, for example, chinese, they are better. I'm Spanish and I believe that learning languages is essential to open our minds to new ways of thinking. :)

:thumbup: ...

gustavofring

Why? That's a bit disrespectful to people who speak other languages. I for one am glad there's still some variety in this increasingly homogeneous world. It would be very boring and sad if only these languages were spoken and every bit of cultural identity is lost.

Mey

Why? That's a bit disrespectful to people who speak other languages. I for one am glad there's still some variety in this increasingly homogeneous world. It would be very boring and sad if only these languages were spoken and every bit of cultural identity is lost.

I think I agree with you.