mysterious girl

THeCARS1979

I met a girl last night on a street corner . My cousin egged me on to talk to her cause she didn't look good. I asked if she was okay and she said her cell phone is dead. she was wearing flip flops and shorts and i want to say a white blouse shirt. Im like there 's no where here to charge it. She repeats herself again. I said the same thing over. She seemed to be drunk and was crying some. Do you need to go somewhere? she said yeah and she flagged down a cab to go home. Now a cab stops, I open the door and she gets in and I close and I go goodnight sweetheart. I decide to wait for the cab to move but he dont move and a minute later she gets out and curses at the cab driver. She probably had no money. Im like what happened and she said he s a f king *******. Im like do you need to go somewhere and She said yeah and was going to put her on the train and take her home. Im like where do you live . I asked do you live in Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan? Now she grabs my hand and we re holding hands now. My hands werent sweating this time like they normally wouldve. Maybe it was the alcohol and passion fruit drink i had hours before. Im like this feels good and I really though I had something going on. I was like I live in Queens and believe she said she did too. I asked her if she had anything to drink tonight and she said yea and Im like were you with anyone? Did they leave you alone? I beleive she said yea. I asked her name and she said Leah. I said my name was Steve. The thing is I didnt want to leave her there to get picked up for benig drunk or wasted. I said how old are you? She said 27 and I told her I was 37. Now shes holding my hand after a few minutes still and we're walking up the avenues of NYC towards 42nd street after I asked her if she wants coffee and told her I ll take you to Starbucks. I asked what she does for a living and i think she said medical billing. I mentioned facebook and said we should switch facebooks and she said yeah all that. I wasnt going to take advantage of her but i was going to make sure she got home okay. She mentioned something about romance or romantic. She's still holding my hand and fingers were intertwined, the whole experience felt great. I looked back and told my two younger cousins that we re going to Starbucks. So its like 4 something in the morning now but the 42nd street Starbucks is open 24 hours. I believe we walked a few blocks and she said she has to find her keys to her apartment and now shes looking in her bag on the ground looking for her keys for a few minutes. I dont know if she found them or not. I repeated to her again we re going for coffee. I dont know if she understood that either. She really wanted to go home so I went along with that too and I was going to again make sure she got home alright. After that she flags down another cab so we all get in. and she said her address to the cab and it sounded mumbled but my cousin was sitting in the front and I was sitting in the middle next to her. Okay we get to the address not far from where we were. Maybe a few blocks away from the original train station we saw. I was asking her for her number now but she said i should ask how can I help her, but I was helping her right. She said said something about asking her on a date and I should be asking how can I help her. Okay i said What can I do to help you out then. But i still wanted to get her number before she forgot about it. The cab stops, at the address she mentioned and she goes into the building across the street into the night and disappeared. So i paid the fair with a card so that took longer then expected. I asked my cousins where she went too and said she went into the building accross the street. Im like sh*t, that did it and i felt like sh*t. Thats what I get for being nice and bla bla bla. I was going on and on. I was starting to believe the whole thing was a fluke or a f cking setup. My cousin was like no it wasnt, she was just drunk. Dont worry about it . I was mad even though the experience was good. I cursed him out and said to him. You were the one who told me to stop mother f cker. Earlier that night i heard that song by Yes thats called Owner of a lonely heart is better than owner of a broken heart and I was begining to feel that way. I dont know, maybe i ****ed up somewhere. but my cousins said I didnt. Thats all I have. I cant stop thinking about her so I am disappointed in a big way ::(:

Last edited:

MoonBoom

"The thing is I didnt want to leave her there to get picked up for benig drunk or wasted."

At least her experience was with you instead of something worse eh?
I'm sorry, I had to read many of this about 5 times over, and with no paragraph breaks that was really hard.
She was drunk though, that's about all there is to it here. Even if you had gotten her number or something, you could possibly joke around about what happened the next day, but more than likely you would just end up being disappointed there too.

But, you do know where she lives right? Or at least the building she went into. You can always stalk the place and hope to see her, come out and say "hey remember me from that night you were really drunk? Oh what? No I was just in the area..."

THeCARS1979

"The thing is I didnt want to leave her there to get picked up for benig drunk or wasted."

At least her experience was with you instead of something worse eh?
I'm sorry, I had to read many of this about 5 times over, and with no paragraph breaks that was really hard.
She was drunk though, that's about all there is to it here. Even if you had gotten her number or something, you could possibly joke around about what happened the next day, but more than likely you would just end up being disappointed there too.

But, you do know where she lives right? Or at least the building she went into. You can always stalk the place and hope to see her, come out and say "hey remember me from that night you were really drunk? Oh what? No I was just in the area..."

Yeah Im not a good writer to begin with. lol Im not going to go down to the building and wait there. its already over, maybe she can think about it and realise I was trying to be nice. I didnt have to stop. This leaves me with a haunting feeling. I had an experience last year at the CARS concert, this girl turns around and looks me dead in the eyes with a blank stare because I was holding a camera next to my shoulder. so I just looked away and said nothing

Last edited:

MoonBoom

Hey, lookin out man. Yeah, at least it was an experience. I do know lost connections can be a real heart breaker and sometimes stick with you for life. You just look at it in a positive light though, and in this case I think everything was for better. If she really did want to give her number, she would have when you asked. You did the right thing though.

dyingtolive

u did what u could do u went out there and u tried! u didnt get the girl but experiences like that can be real motivating and inspiring in a sense. you got a taste and it leaves u wanting more :cool:

well i think i have just the thing that will make you feel better (this ones also for you Moonboom ;) )
Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl - YouTube

Last edited:

THeCARS1979

i don't know guys, Im regretting that I even stopped, cause its a rejection, how many more years will I have to get rejected for? I should have my head examined for stopping for it, and I shouldve left well enough alone

Last edited:

1BlackSheep

Awwwww, you tried to do the right thing, so you get good karma points for that! I was sooooo rooting for you!!! Sorry it didn't work out as you'd hoped. ::(:

Srijita52

i don't know guys, Im regretting that I even stopped, cause its a rejection, how many more years will I have to get rejected for? I should have my head examined for stopping for it, and I shouldve left well enough alone
I'm sorry it didn't work out. But you tried your best and also helped her as much as you could, its not your fault.