My voice sounds nasally when I talk o_o

Tulicks

Yet another annoying thing that happens to me whenever I'm out with friends. My voice literally sounds nasally, like I'm speaking through my nose when I talk! I never knew how to explain this so I didn't bother talking about it before. I brought this up to someone before and they told me that I speak just fine when I talk, but to me it's like I'm not talking properly.

In addition to that, I find it hard to think of what to say, so when I start talking, I lose my train of thought, and find it very difficult to piece together the words I am trying so desperately to say. Sometimes the person I'm talking to will have to intervene and finish the conversation for me because of how poorly I am trying to express it. It's a pain in the ass. -_-

Anyone experience this, and is there anything that can be done about it. I usually only encounter these problems when I'm feeling nervous or uncomfortable.

Boby

No I never heard of somebody changing their voice when they are nervous.
But isn't french accent a nasally accent?People might think you are french which is cool haha:D.
I also have a hard time speaking ,finding my words, when I'm nervous or with people that I don't know so well but you need to understand that this is not a stigma that you have to carry all you life ,you can work on improving this;)

Apersonalan

I'm the exact opposite my voice sounds more normal only around my friends because I'm more confident that way maybe the problem for you is your too relaxed when with your friend.

jonas89

In my mind I think I sound quite well, but as soon I hear it on a take I feel like Im talking through my nose, and I really hate it haha because it sounds so much differently then I hear it in my head.

Meggy0001

I am like that too, it really sucks. When I talk to people that I am not comfortable around I sound really different everyone I am comfortable with agree with this too.
It's like a gain an accent or something, it's proper weird
I stutter a lot when I am speaking all the words get all jumbled up and sometimes I have to explain something 2x or more so people get what I am saying which is one of the reason why I should never say nothing lol