My new obsession is this girl.... and i ****ing hate it

rodinski

I am not talking to a professional. I wonder if I should.
I would also not like to get dependent on meds either.
Anybody trying to go cold turkey like I am?

No, don't do that, don't ever do that.

I don't want to be on meds either, but the reality of the situation is that I need to. Over time, my OCD would just get worse and continue to get worse until the path is broken. The meds will help stabilize the mind chemically, and may actually put the mind back to normal, and then you need to spiritually and consciously rework the mind to come to a good equilibrium of stability.

In my opinnion, as much as I would like to stay clear of meds as they might even degrade my overall length of life in this body, you need to get the help now before you shorten your life experiences drastically. Who knows where I could be right now if it wasn't determined if I had OCD. The problems around the house could never be answered and my family was fed up with me to the point they wanted to throw me out. I couldn't even do the laundry, let alone touch my own genitials as I would feel contaminated afterwards for days on end, constantly changing my clothes, washing my hands, and cleaning my surroundings while this room and house was a complete disgusing surrounding. It was a nightmare to live with me, it didn't make any sense to my family, no matter what way I tried to explain it and bagared them.

Problem got identified, everything changed. I owe so much to the girl that I and still are obsessing about. But I also owe a lot to the other factors as well. My life is tough, but that doesn't mean I should put my talents to waste and not help the world. Get help now, get an oppointment in as soon as possible. The first steps are usually the most difficult, but the long term is going to be satisfactory. I just don't know for my own case, but it has gotten better, but it hasn't changed its intensity drasically enough for myself to really make a significant change.

Last edited:
No, don't do that, don't ever do that.
Thank you for your lengthy reply. I do not think I have OCD.
Although I am not sure once I think about it.
I know I have social phobia and have problems preforming
in social situations. The the girl I mentioned I have
not completely been able to forget. I was thinking this is only
normal?

However, the social phobia is something I would like to squash.
The title of your original post made me think of that girl
and all the crap I put myself through so I decided to post.

rodinski

Ya, certain things are normal. It just might be the case. But social anxiety disorder is quite real. You might want to just check with a councilor, etc, and see. It only gets worse m8.

Noca

Banned
not for ocd. 300-400 is the norm

Recommended dosage

The recommended dosage of sertraline depends on the disorder being treated. The initial recommended dosage for depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder is 50 mg daily. This may be increased at intervals of at least one week to the maximum recommended dosage of 200 mg daily. For the treatment of panic disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, the initial dose is 25 mg once daily. This dosage is increased to 50 mg daily after one week. If there is no therapeutic response, the dosage may be increased to the maximum of 200 mg daily at intervals of at least one week. These dosages may need to be reduced in elderly patients (over age 65) or in people with liver disease.

For the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder in the pediatric population, treatment should be initiated at a dose of 25 mg per day in children six to 12 years of age and 50 mg per day in children 13 to 17 years of age. Doses may be increased at one-week intervals to a total daily dose of 200 mg.

Read more: Sertraline - Definition, Purpose, Description, Recommended dosage, Precautions, Side effects, Interactions, Resources

Source: Sertraline - Definition, Purpose, Description, Recommended dosage, Precautions, Side effects, Interactions, Resources