My Mother said that....

She's going to talk to my doctor because she can't see me so depressed. According to her i am too young to be so sad and just so negative and that i am always saying no to everything. I don't fix myself and i really could give a fuck about my hygiene because i don't go out of my house at all. I am not saying that i stink or anything lol but her friend is coming over and she wants me to shower and to put some clothes on but i don't see the point of putting clothes on. I am still on my pijamas(not sure about spelling) and with a jacket that my bf gave me. So yesterday there was a party and my friends were here so my sister went to the party and my sister was like lets go to the hair salon i'll pay for it but i am like no thanks i don't feel like going. Everybody was begging me to go and i just don't feel like it because i feel like shyt. Its just when i fix myself i never feel pretty enough, i always feel like my sister who is outgoing,skinny, has a good ass job out shines me all the time. She changes when people are around and treats me so fucking poorly. I am 17 and she's 20, sometimes i wish i wasn't born because she's the perfect one. SHe's always saying oh you are not normal is all in your mind...

Lol oh god, look i shower daily is just that since i don't go out here i don't feel like putting new clothes on. My bf doesn't live in the US, he lives in the Dominican Republic where my parents are from and i just came from visiting him. Over there, i used to put fresh clothes on daily because i would at least go outside to see the sun light. WHen did i say that i stink? wtf!!

Sorry but I don't think that doctors can help you on your anxiety. You might want to go to a psychiatrist instead. Social Phobia is a mental disorder. Actually it's not a mental disorder, it's just the way we think because our minds became "Automatic" when we invited fear into our lives. Our minds wouldn't be like what we are now if nothing happened to us before right? So we choose to be in our comfort zone to avoid the pain because we don't want to feel the pain we felted before. If you can find a way on how to break that comfort zone, it's the first step of overcoming anxiety. Comfort zone is our best enemy because it makes us not take the risk, and if we don't take the risk then guess what, we're like a frozen object that couldn't move.

Jellybeans

you're 17? that sounds like normal teenage stuff to me (i'm 19). there's times when you just don't give a crap about looking the best, and you feel you're accepted either way, and that's actually a positive thing. in a way it shows you're not terribly insecure of your true image. while your sister on the other hand, might try really hard and get all the guys but still feel half empty on the inside. she just doesn't let that side show.

it's probably a little harder being a female in a situation like this though. guys can get away with being a little depressed, and hardly giving a shit while still not being seen as a total wreck. it's times like these when i'm thankful for being a dude :)

qwerty103 said:
Sorry but I don't think that doctors can help you on your anxiety. You might want to go to a psychiatrist instead. Social Phobia is a mental disorder. Actually it's not a mental disorder, it's just the way we think because our minds became "Automatic" when we invited fear into our lives. Our minds wouldn't be like what we are now if nothing happened to us before right? So we choose to be in our comfort zone to avoid the pain because we don't want to feel the pain we felted before. If you can find a way on how to break that comfort zone, it's the first step of overcoming anxiety. Comfort zone is our best enemy because it makes us not take the risk, and if we don't take the risk then guess what, we're like a frozen object that couldn't move.

No my mom is going to tell my doctor so that i can speak to a psychologist or psychiatrist or w.e. I seriously want to end this but how do you start?

dottie

qwerty103 said:

psychiatrists are doctors. people use the terms interchangably.

dottie said:
qwerty103 said:

psychiatrists are doctors. people use the terms interchangably.

Yeah but I know some Social Phobics who went to the common viewed as "Doctors" and they ended up telling that the way they feel was normal. :\

Depressed4life said:
qwerty103 said:

No my mom is going to tell my doctor so that i can speak to a psychologist or psychiatrist or w.e. I seriously want to end this but how do you start?

Since you cannot face your fears because I know your mind is full of negative thoughts, maybe find a way on how you can change or reverse the way you think first. Find something that may work for you. You might want to try CBT or maybe you want to try what I'm trying now, it's called NLP.