My homemade device for those interested

CharlesN

OKay, hope the two attachments come out clearly. First just shows the collection of stuff, it is quite portable, could literally do it anywhere...

The second is the set up when prepared for treatment.

Included:
-2 x aluminum trays
-4 x 6V lantern batteries
-wires with fancy battery clips (alligator clips would be fine, but couldn't find em)
-Avert 2 mg glyco
-side cutters (for snipping the tip of the capsule - as pulling them apart often lead to spillage of the powder)
-towel for wiping hands when receiving phone calls, important texts, etc.
-Insulating foam - just a little padding to rest forearms on the side of the tray
-cooking timer

Add 1 litre of water and 3 glyco pills to each tray. After 40 minutes, swap the leads (red and black) going to the 2 aluminum trays.

Watch a movie while doing the treatment. Today I watched a really really terrible one. Not sure if it was a romantic comedy or drama or what, but one of the main characters gets hit by a truck after the 2 soul-mates finally fall in love after like 20 years and gets married and starts to live happily ever after... lol I guess I just didn't "get it". I'm more of Hangover or 40 year old Virgin type of movie fan... :)

So anyways, If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. It's literally as simple as the pictures show. Nothing else to it and if I can do it - so can anyone. I can't describe how awesome it feels to have dry hands all the time and how liberating it is from a mental and emotional standpoint too. It took me over 30 years to find this, so I wonder how different my life would have turned out with this in high school or university. Oh well, can't go back in time, just have to move forward and try to take advantage of the newfound freedom from stress (or at least one of the stresses in life).

Hope this helps somebody.

Cheers,

Attachments

• 20130310_055748_resized.jpg
    20130310_055748_resized.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20130310_063802_resized.jpg
    20130310_063802_resized.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0

corranhorn

I like your creation. I may PM you sometime in the future. I've began an intensive treatment regimen and use Drionic every day. If it fails I may try that build.

1) How is the pain level?
2) Do you have any info regarding the effectiveness of crushed glycopyrolate? I've never thought of it, and it sounds logical. Do you think it can absorb through the pores, even though iontophoresis "shrinks" the sweat glands?
3) Do you use filtered water or tap?

Thanks man. Your posts are always informative. Just a thought too... crush some magnesium in there.. or just take it orally. You can buy a bottle of it for 5 bucks. I don't know if it helps me, but it certainly ain't making me sweat more!

CharlesN

I like your creation. I may PM you sometime in the future. I've began an intensive treatment regimen and use Drionic every day. If it fails I may try that build.

1) How is the pain level?
2) Do you have any info regarding the effectiveness of crushed glycopyrolate? I've never thought of it, and it sounds logical. Do you think it can absorb through the pores, even though iontophoresis "shrinks" the sweat glands?
3) Do you use filtered water or tap?

Thanks man. Your posts are always informative. Just a thought too... crush some magnesium in there.. or just take it orally. You can buy a bottle of it for 5 bucks. I don't know if it helps me, but it certainly ain't making me sweat more!

PM anytime. I'd say the pain level is negligible. When there is a cut on my hand it stings a little. Compared to 50 needles for botox, it's not even in the same universe. I'd call it a minor irritant at worst. Certainly not painful, and I don't think my pain threshold is particularly high.

The glyco is a powder inside one of those edible dissolving capsules. It definitely gets absorbed in to the water, the only question is how uniformly it gets distributed, I can't even speculate on that. I just know the set up works for me. The reason I tried it was a study I read where it seemed for the test subjects adding glyco allowed them to go 8-11 days between treatments so I decided to give it a shot. Even if it is a placebo, I'm okay with the added cost.

I use plain tap water.

I appreciate the kind words. If the set up ever starts to be less effective I may give MG a shot.

Thanks,

86theHH

Nice job Charles!

How many days can you go between treatments? I've only been using iontophoresis for about a month now and I am starting to go every other day and want to experiment with adding more days between treatments. I use baking soda and salt in my water bath and do 30 minute sessions. 15 minutes and then reverse the polarity for the remaining 15.

I started off with a simple 12V AC to DC adapter ($24) and snipped the wires to join them to test leads with alligator clips at the end. Did it on the weekend, for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, doing 1 hr sessions.
Monday's results were really good since it reduced my sweating a lot! The results were so good that I bought a variable voltage AC to DC power converter ($90) which offers 0-30V and 0-3 Amps. I refuse to spend $700 on a brand name iontophoresis machine when I can effectively treat my HH with a machine under $100.

Here are the pictures of my machine and my starter AC to DC adapter. I use the Aquephor on my nails or cuts to eliminate the stinging.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0

ssehj1992

86theHH,
I am interested in getting a variable v ac/dc power supply. What range of amperage/voltage do you recommend? And what amp/v should i start out with?
Thanks

foulbeast

where i live you can easily get swat teamed by the gov for a rig like that LOL!
hope it helps. have you ever tried glyco or any other pill?

Sprawling

Here's my rig:

Ultra G Galvanic Stimulator (even though the name says something different)
Plastic bins from store
Aluminum grill toppers cut to size
Pulsed current

I like that power supply converter... very creative. I still prefer the pulsed current over the non-pulsed DC. For those of us who are sensitive to pain, pulsed is the way to go.

Attachments

• P1280190.JPG
    P1280190.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P1280188.jpg
    P1280188.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1280185.jpg
    P1280185.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • P1280183.jpg
    P1280183.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0

86theHH

ssehj1992,

I've found 18-19 volts and 1 amp to give me the best results, but of course everyone has their preference. Since the 18 volts seem to work for the majority of people, I would say start there and if it proves to be too much or too little, you can make your adjustments.

Tips:
1. Use salt and baking soda in the water bath for severe HH.
2. Put vaseline or Aquephor on your nails, cuticles, and cuts before you get them in the waterbath. Without them, it may not sting initially, but once you reverse the polarity, you'll start to feel the sting.
3. Be patient and experiment to see what works for you.

I experimented with cold and hot water to see if there was a benefit to one temperature over the other. For me, cold water works best. However, the hot water didn't have the baking soda or salt in it, so that could have been the problem. I've been extremely happy with my results now with cold water with salt and baking soda and don't really want to make changes.

I also boiled black tea leaves for 10 minutes, sometimes longer, and once it cooled, I put that (leaves and all) in the water bath. That also helps, but increases my prep time for iontophoresis , which I'd rather not do.
Tea has tannic acid which dries your skin and allegedly helps stop you from sweating. Boiling for long periods of time, 10-20 minutes, will produce more tannic acid than your typical cup of tea which has a steep time of 3 minutes.

86theHH

where i live you can easily get swat teamed by the gov for a rig like that LOL!
hope it helps. have you ever tried glyco or any other pill?

Yes, I use 4mg of glyco twice a day to control overall body sweat. I'm sure it takes care of any compensatory sweating, if it does occur with me.:)

86theHH

Here's my rig:

Ultra G Galvanic Stimulator (even though the name says something different)
Plastic bins from store
Aluminum grill toppers cut to size
Pulsed current

I like that power supply converter... very creative. I still prefer the pulsed current over the non-pulsed DC. For those of us who are sensitive to pain, pulsed is the way to go.

Nice setup! :thumbup:

How long have you been doing ionto?
What has your longest time been between maintenance sessions?

CharlesN

The longest I have gone is 8 days and there was no problem. I don't know how long I could last, I don't really feel like finding out... I put glyco in the water for my treatments.

I had a cut on my finger today and so I did experience some pain, but I noticed after about 45 seconds, the pain was numbed and then unnoticeable the rest of the treatment (40 minutes per polarity).

I have a travel adapter I was planning to modify as a travel ionto kit. When I finish it I will let you know the results. But again, it's one of those superstition things - where it's working good, so I don't really want to stop what's working to test something else until I really have no choice.

Thanks,

Sprawling

86theHH,
I've been doing ionto since 2005. My longest time between sessions was up to 12-14 days. These days I do one hand, one foot every 3rd day. Severe fibromyalgia is effecting my treatment outcome. Some weeks I can be 90-100% dry, other weeks it's considerably less and that's in the company of people. When I'm by myself the effects of ionto kick in faster. There was a time that ionto kept me dry most of the time.

Keep in mind a lot of things can effect treatment outcome:
Medications
Water
Altitude (maybe attitude also)
Current
Health issues
Unusual high stress
Hormones

We are all so different. What works today may not work tomorrow. I've experienced almost all of the above scenario's during my 8 years of treatment. The key is to experiment and adapt. Treatments plans may need to change depending on your individual circumstances. Use what people write here as a guideline.

CharlesN

Sorry Mondo, I don't know the answer to that... Hopefully someone will know. I just know my hands haven't sweated a drop since January and I've *almost* stopped thinking about it. At least not all the time. I've had a few dreams where they sweated and when I woke up I was very happy to see it was just a dream.

Good luck,