My girlfriend is being reclusive.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
so, it seems you have two very different priorities. yours: spending time with her. hers: not spending time with you. dump her.

Woah, woah, harsh much?

Why not just ask her what's wrong? talk things out? If we had to dump every mate we had over a bad situation in the couple, we'd all be single.

WishingICould

She just blames it on utter laziness. That's her reason.

And I already in fact tried to dump her last month cause she was doing the same thing. But she got really emotional and cried, saying she loves me more than anything, wanted it to last forever and that she would choose me over the internet and everything else she can't live without. I love her just the same.

That's why I don't understand why she's doing this.

Does she have some kind of internet addiction? Are you sure she's not got some secret online job or is on dating sites? If you don't see her how do you know she's been reclusive? Maybe she's just avoiding you.

ukmale

look let's not beat around the bush here ... Your girlfriend is addicted to the internet it happens I read a fact not sure if its 100% true but it said 350million are addicted to facebook so where it starts to effect the lives

You have to show her that by spending time together can be fun enjoyable ect

Go over to her house with a dvd some flowers some chocolates bottle of wine even maybe her fac takeaway and sit down and spend sometime with her ... If she is 100% addicted she more likily wanna go back to the internet if she wants to spend time with you she will addiction can be beaten its up to you if dumb her

Let me tell you about a court case that I read about

A husband and wife was addicted to the pc game 2nd life where they was devoted and loving parents to a happy home and a loving healthy baby they loved that clean home there happy smily baby that that spent so many 100s of hours caring for

But they was so addicted to 2nd life in reality there house with a mess and there real life baby died off neglect

I have been in a girls house where she was so mad about facebook she had 4 phones texting facebook tv on people on the phone only replying with k and I swear on my life she pushed her baby with a bush across the floor I left and my friend dumped her a few days after wasn't his kid

I believe that in hears to come yes the internet is amazing but as people we are becoming cold and emotionless spending more and more time online there will be a lot more people with s.a and other mental healthy problems in the future ..

sorry to hear about the one you love

hoddesdon

Is wanting to be a male part of the mental instability? What would you do if she did something about it?

EscapeArtist

She sounds like an emotional manipulator. Proceed with caution, young grasshopper.

I actually think ^ this too.. She sounds like she's trying to cut around the real reasons or guilt trip you. If she's pinning it on laziness... She could either be really depressed to the point of severe apathy, in which she should be able to accept help from you if she really wants to work on this, or it's a lousy excuse.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I was able to get the truth out of her. Apparently she has been afraid and paranoid ever since I tried to dump her last month. She uses the internet as a form of escaping from reality and really doesn't want me to leave her. That's what sent her mind into the void.

I feel like a failure as a boyfriend and don't deserve a loving girl like her..

Don't put that on yourself, you are trying to communicate and she is the one ignoring you. You can't think yourself as a failure as a boyfriend just because you are unsatisfied with your relationship. Sometimes things just don't work and you have to accept it and let go even if it's not easy.

Geo

long message

Yeah I heard about that case! Pretty sad. What's also sad is things haven't changed a bit between us.

I asked her out to the movies tomorrow and she says she has to study for science, and she never studies, so I call bull.. She acts fine in school with her friends and when I talk to her but after school she just bars herself in her room.

I asked her about it again and she said she isn't used to people. But yet she has a million friends online and offline and is 100x better at talking than me. I really don't know what to do now. She's not even going to school on Valentine's Day cause she hates the day.