my friend is ignoring me for no reason

LazyHermitCrab

I thought I made a new friend, but I guess I was wrong. We were in a class together and thought we became more than just a classmate buddy. She's like "we have to hang out soon I will miss you!" All break passed and she didn't say anything. On facebook I contacted her to hang out and she said yes and we had plans. We hung out and we kept interrupting each other cuz we talked about so much stuff... which is rare for me to talk. It was 2 hrs of random conversation at a coffee shop and she said we should hang out again and even suggested things. Later that night I sent her a pic of my pet and she didn't say anything. I was like okay that's fine and then send her a message on fb to hangout again when she's free. No response, and she didn't even read the email. I find a picture she might like on facebook, again no response. :( Yet she has all this time to post status updates so yeah... I thought I actually made a friend but i guess not. Not sure happened. :/

I thought I made a new friend, but I guess I was wrong. We were in a class together and thought we became more than just a classmate buddy. She's like "we have to hang out soon I will miss you!" All break passed and she didn't say anything. On facebook I contacted her to hang out and she said yes and we had plans. We hung out and we kept interrupting each other cuz we talked about so much stuff... which is rare for me to talk. It was 2 hrs of random conversation at a coffee shop and she said we should hang out again and even suggested things. Later that night I sent her a pic of my pet and she didn't say anything. I was like okay that's fine and then send her a message on fb to hangout again when she's free. No response, and she didn't even read the email. I find a picture she might like on facebook, again no response. :( Yet she has all this time to post status updates so yeah... I thought I actually made a friend but i guess not. Not sure happened. :/

I'm glad you had fun with her but don't take it so bad. I ignore a lot of pictures people send me, not because I don't see them but I have nothing to add. Maybe she's like me with that? My wife sends me pictures on my cell phone quite a bit and I rarely reply. Maybe this girl was afraid to say anything because she don't want to come off as clingy? I hope things get better because it sounds like she's got the potential to be a good friend to you.

SonicMan

I think it's only a worry if she starts ignoring you in person. When you next see her, if she is still friendly and chatty with you then I wouldn't worry. :)

LazyHermitCrab

Thanks we go to the same college but I don't see her anymore since were not in the same class. I just won't say anything. It's not like she blocked me or anything like that. :)

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
People who are socially normal, especially young people, usually have a big circle of friends, and are not necessarly interested in a new friendship that would take lots of their time, especially if there is no "interest" like if you practice the same activity and are both looking for a partner, you know people she'd like to meet, etc.

Adding to it that she is a student, she is probably a busy person. Updating a facebook status request a lot less time and energy than maintaining a new friendship.

I don't know how much time there was between the time at the coffee shop and the time you asked her to hang out again, but if it was less than a month, she might have thought that you were too demanding. This is just a theory.

LazyHermitCrab

People who are socially normal, especially young people, usually have a big circle of friends, and are not necessarly interested in a new friendship that would take lots of their time, especially if there is no "interest" like if you practice the same activity and are both looking for a partner, you know people she'd like to meet, etc.

Adding to it that she is a student, she is probably a busy person. Updating a facebook status request a lot less time and energy than maintaining a new friendship.

I don't know how much time there was between the time at the coffee shop and the time you asked her to hang out again, but if it was less than a month, she might have thought that you were too demanding. This is just a theory.

Thanks for the reply. Well we hung out about 3 weeks ago and I'm asking if we could hang out 2 weeks from now only for a couple hrs to go laser tagging. She said she wanted to before but maybe she was jk :s

S_Spartan

I've said it before, many people these days aren't interested in friendships. They want to be "entertained". They become bored easily and if you aren't giving them some form of entertainment they just fade out quickly.

There are still people who want real friendships but very very few. I think most people are too self centered these days.

Lilly789

Did you ask her what's going on? Maybe she's just been busy.

I mean really.. we can make up all the (bizarre!) reasons or excuses and really we have no idea.

a mature person would just ask... try it ;)