My brother-in-law just doesn't seem to want to live anymore...

Forgotten-Children

I'm not really sure what advice to give to my boyfriend to tell his twin brother to make him better... He has the same disease as James does (Wilson's Disease) but unlike James who can be happy by just giving him a game or being with me, nothing makes George happy... He even told his friends that he didn't want to be friends with them anymore because he noticed his disease was getting worse.

Right now he's in rehab, but he's miserable there. He has to WANT to get better, but so long as he's depressed, he won't. James' dad is worried that if he's left alone there that he'll one day just roll up his wheelchair to the roof and jump off...

I... just don't know what to really do... James' mom says to just wait but... really wait for what? George doesn't really have anything left at home to go to with the exception of his dad who has cancer. He can't draw anymore because the disease makes his hands too shaky...

You guys know what I should do or what I should say? I mean... This is very depressing, ESPECIALLY since today is both their birthdays and they aren't happy... Ofcorse to James, birthdays to him now are just a reminder of another year he's been alive rather than the day that everyone gives you something. Not really sure what George thinks, I just know today he's depressed completely because he's eventually going to die soon..

madmike

Visit him, talk to him, bring him something to read (maybe a book on how to recover from this disease?), share a dose of your happiness with him. What else could anyone possibly expect of you...

Forgotten-Children

Visit him, talk to him, bring him something to read (maybe a book on how to recover from this disease?), share a dose of your happiness with him. What else could anyone possibly expect of you...

Well... That's hard for me to do because he lives very far north from me. My boyfriend can visit him because next year his mom'll get her taxes back so they can afford to buy plane tickets.

I dunno if he'll read it though anyway. He's pretty stubborn and only likes to do things his way. I dunno if reading a book would change anything.

Even sharing happiness is difficult. I never actually got to know him all that well personally because I only talked to him once when we were trading on Pokemon Platinum.

Thanks for trying to help though... *hugs*

Forgotten-Children

Well she started having symptoms physically and mentally since she was about 40 since symptoms dont become noticeable usually till about middle age. In rare instances people can have symptoms since birth and if you have symptoms at birth you don't live very long. She has Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Multiple Schlerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, psychosis, and throat paralysis. The last stages of Huntingtons is having paralysis and being really anorexic due to not being able to eat much with the throat paralysis. My mom has reached that stage.

Wow... I'm so sorry... *hugs*