My big trip-long post!

miss_amy

Two people who have never met til now just hung out for 5 days and I can tell you it's been the best 5 days ever.

It has been very hard...I flew from UK to USA all alone. I won't lie and say it was easy I was a bag of nerves even before I left. Sitting so close and confined with people on the plane is probably my worst fear but I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. I also had in my head that if I could do that then I could do anything. I think this has been a huge step forward for me.

Wasn't too much fun that flight. I didnt do perfectly. I found myself holding my p a little too long because I didnt want to excuse myself from the center of the row! And I did the permanant ipod in the ears 'leave me alone' act which worked fairly well! All the immigration questions and searches., found those fairly tough too but I got through it without looking too much of a freak I think. I got pulled aside on the way home by customs officers and taken to a room for questioning. It was all routine stuff for them I think. They asked initial questions about my work on my way through and when I said i own my own business and was travelling alone it threw up a red flag for them I think. They were all very nice to me but I found it hard thinking on the spot like that with their questions.

Meeting 2crowded for the first time was about as awkward as you would expect. We had many discussions about that first meeting so that kind of lessened the worry and made any awkwardness OK. I felt sick and worried how I looked after that long flight, I know I looked bad! He looked all nevous and did a lot of looking at the floor. Also took a minute or two to find him as he had hidden himself behind something! There were a few seconds thought of 'oh god he chickened out and didnt show'. There was an awkwardness on the journey from the airport back to where I was staying at first. I was tired so I had a sleep..ok I admit it may have been avoidance of having to talk, just a little. When I woke it got easier and easier and by the first evening we were just chatting with ease like we do on msn.

We had a great few days, talking and tackling a few things each of us have problems with. Been out, ate out! Both of us have made progress I'm sure.

It's been really hard but Im so please I threw myself in at the deep end. I feel I've achieved so much which has helped with all my problems. I'm definitely a good few rungs up my recovery ladder than I was last week.

and yes I'll be returning for another visit in the not too distant future I'm sure.

recluse

Hey you did really well! Taking a flight halfway across the world takes guts, and i'm really happy to hear you had a good time.

In 2005 i went on my first flight ever alone, which was 6 hours because a friend of mine who is from another country suggested i go and meet her family....So i took the chance, and i'm glad i did because otherwise i don't think i would have taken the chance. A few months ago a friend from Poland invited me to visit her and without my first flight in 2005 i don't think i would have had the guts to go. It has opened up a window of oppurtunity for me. The girl form Poland has invited me to go back at the end of August.

slimjim119

miss_amy said:
Two people who have never met til now just hung out for 5 days and I can tell you it's been the best 5 days ever.

It has been very hard...I flew from UK to USA all alone. I won't lie and say it was easy I was a bag of nerves even before I left. Sitting so close and confined with people on the plane is probably my worst fear but I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. I also had in my head that if I could do that then I could do anything. I think this has been a huge step forward for me.

Wasn't too much fun that flight. I didnt do perfectly. I found myself holding my p a little too long because I didnt want to excuse myself from the center of the row! And I did the permanant ipod in the ears 'leave me alone' act which worked fairly well! All the immigration questions and searches., found those fairly tough too but I got through it without looking too much of a freak I think. I got pulled aside on the way home by customs officers and taken to a room for questioning. It was all routine stuff for them I think. They asked initial questions about my work on my way through and when I said i own my own business and was travelling alone it threw up a red flag for them I think. They were all very nice to me but I found it hard thinking on the spot like that with their questions.

Meeting 2crowded for the first time was about as awkward as you would expect. We had many discussions about that first meeting so that kind of lessened the worry and made any awkwardness OK. I felt sick and worried how I looked after that long flight, I know I looked bad! He looked all nevous and did a lot of looking at the floor. Also took a minute or two to find him as he had hidden himself behind something! There were a few seconds thought of 'oh god he chickened out and didnt show'. There was an awkwardness on the journey from the airport back to where I was staying at first. I was tired so I had a sleep..ok I admit it may have been avoidance of having to talk, just a little. When I woke it got easier and easier and by the first evening we were just chatting with ease like we do on msn.

We had a great few days, talking and tackling a few things each of us have problems with. Been out, ate out! Both of us have made progress I'm sure.

It's been really hard but Im so please I threw myself in at the deep end. I feel I've achieved so much which has helped with all my problems. I'm definitely a good few rungs up my recovery ladder than I was last week.

and yes I'll be returning for another visit in the not too distant future I'm sure.

Very encouraging. Took alot of guts to do that!

2Crowded

Oh come on now....give me a break on that amy....I wasent hiding really...i was obseving from afar...cant help that there was a large post right in front of my seat :lol: