My 2 little recent triumphs!

coriander1992

Ok, so these might not sound like a lot to some of you, but to me, my anxiety being as bad as it is, they are pretty big things! :D

Ok so my first triumph was replying to an ad, and therefore having speak on the phone, not once but twice, to a woman that I didn't know!
I phoned her because I was replying to an ad she had put up looking for somebody to ride her horse for her.
It took me a few days to pluck up the courage to e-mail her, and then she asked me to phone her, which took another day for me, but I managed to do it without acting too much like an idiot. :p

My next step is having to meet her in person, but i'll get to that when it comes. :)

Ok, so my second triumph came about today....I was walking home from school, as usual, and for no apparent reason I felt really confident about something...so rather than clinging onto my bag with both hands like I usually do, I managed to walk normally and have my arms by my sides. Again, doesn't sound like much, but for me to be walking like that is very rare!

It felt brilliant once i'd done both those things, it proves that when you put your mind to something, you can do it. :D
No i'm waiting (If rather nervously!) for the next challenge :D

Anybody have any mini success stories to tell? :)

Zarrix

I would like to say Well done! We must salvage confidence from these little victories before climbing the more treacherous mountains of SP.

I used to hate talking on the phone, but I practiced and now I have the confidence to call randoms without shitting myself. If it is important though, I will get a little nervous, but thats a bigger mountain for another day!

I would usually have my hands in my pockets at the very least when walking home from school. Certainly made me feel more comfortable. I know if I was clinging onto my bag or crossing my arms or clenching my fists tightly, it was a bad day. As far as I was concerned, the hands in the pocket meant I was more relaxed. I didn't like walking with my arms in a normal position at all at times =(

celestialrecluse

wow congratulations! :D

well a few days ago i heard that someone who was really close to me at one point was going through quite a rough time, and since then i've been contemplating getting in touch with them, as we sort of stopped talking to each other and were on kinda bad terms i wasn't sure what i would say to them, but anyways today sat in the back garden i just had this major urge to call him so i did, and we talked for well over an hour, which was like weird as im sure we never had a conversation that long when we were friends. it was weird at first, alot of awkward silences but once we started talking we couldnt stop.lols!

coriander1992

Zarrix said:
I would like to say Well done! We must salvage confidence from these little victories before climbing the more treacherous mountains of SP.

I used to hate talking on the phone, but I practiced and now I have the confidence to call randoms without shitting myself. If it is important though, I will get a little nervous, but thats a bigger mountain for another day!

I would usually have my hands in my pockets at the very least when walking home from school. Certainly made me feel more comfortable. I know if I was clinging onto my bag or crossing my arms or clenching my fists tightly, it was a bad day. As far as I was concerned, the hands in the pocket meant I was more relaxed. I didn't like walking with my arms in a normal position at all at times =(

Well done to you to for having the courage to keep practising speaking on the phone! I find it quite daunting at the moment, but maybe one day if I keep practising like you then i'll get better :)

I don't feel very comfortable walking with my hands by my sides either, but I'm just trying to force myself to do it now...even if only for a few paces each time.

I'm hoping to improve my SP before I start college at the end of summer, so hopefully all the little things will help build up my confidence :D

celestialrecluse well done for having the courage to phone your friend after so long :D

Zarrix

coriander1992 said:
Zarrix said:

Well done to you to for having the courage to keep practising speaking on the phone! I find it quite daunting at the moment, but maybe one day if I keep practising like you then i'll get better :)

I don't feel very comfortable walking with my hands by my sides either, but I'm just trying to force myself to do it now...even if only for a few paces each time.

I'm hoping to improve my SP before I start college at the end of summer, so hopefully all the little things will help build up my confidence :D

celestialrecluse well done for having the courage to phone your friend after so long :D

When it comes to non-offensive pranks, I don't even get nervous anymore. Sounds odd, but phone pranking has done wonders for my telephonic confidence! As I said before, it s only important phonecalls that need to be sorted out now :D

ghost_train

coriander1992 said:
I managed to walk normally and have my arms by my sides. Again, doesn't sound like much, but for me to be walking like that is very rare!

That's good. That's quite a big one actually. Walking around normally in public is a crucial step (no pun intended). I trained myself to take my hands out of my pockets a while ago. I've kept it up and it can be surprising effective at altering your perceptions- and emotions- as you stroll through public places.

I'm slightly annoyed. I had an unusually anxious day today. I'm usually fairly anxious on a monday due to a certain block in my timetable, but some weeks are better than others. Today was bad. Oh well, I'm going to go for a run tonight: I usually feel much better the day after.

de

congratulations coriander and celestialrecluse on both your triumphs
lol i try to do the same thing but i can only walk without my hands in my pocket if i have a newspaper or something to hold in 1 hand

2Crowded

One step at a time.......that's how you do it I figure.....congrat's to everyone on making progress....I did something today I had never done before too....no matter how small...whatever it is.....it will make a difference.

:D

that1guy

I made a nice triumph this past week also. 1 hot girl approached me and we had a nice little conversation. I did notice that I was lookin at the ground alot (we were walking up the stairs, cmon haha) but it still seemed as if she was entertained by talking with me. Thats a never for me. It felt good! and I talked to another hot girl in my history class. Not only that but I felt that I can talk to her again without it being awkward, because it felt as if I wasnt getting that nervous. I was also really letting out my feelings. It was negative feelings about my art teacher but it still felt great just to talk honest with a good looking girl. It always feels good to talk to girls. haha

wooaah

awesome haha. gratz to everyone.

I didn't realise everyone else called it "triumphs" too. I sometimes find myself keeping score. ie, how many "triumphs" vs "losses" I've been through today, because hey, every little win deserves a pat on the back.