Mixed Signals

commenter39

What does it mean when a guy gives mixed signals?

Sometimes he's friendly, sometimes slightly flirtatious, sometimes he gives the body language " back off " .

I can't figure out if he's not interested at all, slightly interested, interested but confused/scared, or just playing games.

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I'd like some input just the same.

Girls do the same thing more i think

mmmm

Thelema is right about how people don't always know what they want themselves.
It sounds like the guy likes you, but isn't sure himself of how much. Its common for people to be fickle and indecisive, particularly if a potential relationship is involved.
The best, and only thing that you can do right now, is make it so that it doesn't matter to you what he feels. Believe me, trying to understand every sentence or action of another is a waste of time, and can lead to MASSIVE misjudgments, you're better off not thinking about it until he says something concrete.
Also - if he backs out of plans, then just leave it to him to initiate something next :)

Not much I can add to this.

TaylorSwift'sHubby

I agree with everyone here! many guys (girls too) do this, most of the time, it means they like u but are too scared to tell u for whatever reason (no matter how confident they seem), or he/she could be holding off until something else happens for him/her (break-up with another girl/boy?) or maybe he/she is selective and is peeping u out as a potential girl/guy out of 1-2 other ppl he/she MAYBE flirting with... i agree with Mickery on this one, the best way is to ask him/her if he/she continues to beat around the bush...

Bittersweet

You've all given great advice and I will:

1. Back off
2. Stop analyzing his every move
3. Get on with my life

Thanks!

Last edited: