missed chance? probably

why_do_I_try

so heres my situation:
the girl ive come to know really well who i'm practically in love with is after this new guy, we all go to the same college and it's like he's come out of no where, she never knew him before a couple of days ago. she's one of my best friends and sometimes i think that maybe she wants more too like me, but now she's starting to see this new guy and it makes me think whats wrong with me?

and to make things worse i thought that maybe something was about to happen with us when she seemed really happy and spent more time with me but it must have been because of the new guy(not the spending more time with me, that i don't know why)

i feel like i've lost my chance(if i ever did have one) because i was planning on telling her how i feel at our friends party soon(liquid courage anyone?) then again even if she did want something more i'd probably ruin it because of sa.

just wanted to get this out of my head thanks for reading if you got this far and sorry for the bad english.

van_sp

I don't think I have new words to help your situation, this forum is already full of them, but I sympathize. I don't seem to run into girls that I like very often so when it happens I try and force myself to make that move.
Make your mind relax and focus on OTHER girls in your school.
Dude, try and force yourself to capitalize off the abundance of college tang, it's a different world once you get out.

ShiJai

A possibility?
Perhaps the girl was waiting for you to give her some sort of indication that you were interested? We can sometimes become too good at hiding our emotions. If she felt that you wern't interested, she may have decided to move on with someone else.

You don't have to be a social phobic etc. to be afraid of rejection.

I suggest you try being honest with your friend. Just keep it light, so that no matter what happens you can remain friends.
It would be such a shame if it was just fear and insecurity holding you both back... :?:

ShiJai.

Thelema

Tell her that you have feelings for her and if she does great but if she doesn't tell her you don't want your friendship to change. You have to tell her how you feel...Seeing her with another guy will make you feel soooo bad and you'll wish you had told her sooner. Don't let the chance of love slip by

Kinetik

My advice? Let her go for a while. Make like you've got other plans. Give her the gift of missing you. What this does is force her to think about and rationalize her feelings for you. If it's a mere friendship she's interested in, she'll be fine with going for reasonably long periods with no interaction. If she wants more, she's going to need you around more. In addition, you need to be careful that you haven't forever placed yourself in the friend zone. Some women need a substantial friendship before a relationship, others are attracted to the excitement of a spontaneous hook-up. Judging by this new guy that's in the picture, it seems she might belong to the latter category, in which case, my advice rings doubly true - make some plans of your own for the time being.

van_sp

I was checkin out some craiglist ads and ran across this one...thought it might interest you...

Title: I need a sexy date...to make my crush jealous - 27

Body: Well here's the deal, I'm a woman and it is in my power to manipulate situations a little! There is a guy I like and I know he likes me too...but our timing is off and I want to spark a fire under him so he doesn't take forever.
Together we need to put on a bit of a show and make this guy crazy...can you help?

Can't blame them either. She will only pussyfoot around so long before she gets bored...yawn.