meeting a new gf's friends! :/

Section_31

Sooo, im a BIT nervous about this but im just playing it cool and relaxing as best I can.

Things are going increasingly well with my lady...and she surprised me last night be telling me she wanted me to go with her to a party new years eve, a costume themed party. oh crap!.

I of course said id love to and ill be there lol. But omg, she'll be the only person I know and ive always felt totally self conscious dressing up, I was one of those kids who never did Halloween because I didn't like people looking at me >.<. I could deal with that now, its more the social aspect im a bit nervous about lol...

Sooo its months away still, and I have lots of time to prepare. Any tips on how to throw myself into this?. Not going is not an option, I need to do this.

Diend

Does alcohol work? A few shots of vodka will lessen the approach anxiety by 50% for me.

Section_31

No I think im nervous because.....eh.....I almost don't want to say lol....

K shes one of those ones whos moviestar good looking. And she felt totally out of my league from day one. Took me a while to totally relax and not feel shy with her, but shes actually really sweet and really wants to get me out of my shell. She said shes made it her mission to help me get my confidence up, lol....that part im great with! and I suppose I really should have seen this coming, just never thought far enough ahead to the point id start meeting her people. Yikes!!!

Ill figure it out. its months away and im panicking over nothing right now.

scott

Wear a non-flashy costume that covers your face, that worked for me. OR find some ativan and chill out, I assume you will have to keep it together for only a few hours, not so bad :giggle: