Medication ineffective for any of you?

I have taken meds for nearly 10 years now. I have tried a ton of different stuff. I haven't found anything that works well if at all. Sometimes I wonder if meds aren't just a placebo that drug companies and doctors push for profit. The affects are so slight that I can't distinguish weither it is placebo or the drug working. Anyone have this experience?

Dj SL

I have taken meds for nearly 10 years now. I have tried a ton of different stuff. I haven't found anything that works well if at all. Sometimes I wonder if meds aren't just a placebo that drug companies and doctors push for profit. The affects are so slight that I can't distinguish weither it is placebo or the drug working. Anyone have this experience?

I've been on pharmaceutical drugs for 5 years... I have taken prozac, zoloft, celexa, paxil, effexor xr, propanolol, clonazepam, classic effexor.

I noticed that this meds work for a period of time then they stop working; also, they have side effects... Idk I think the pharmaceutical drug company is making millions of dollars selling meds to patients.

I've been going with psychiatrists and they put first their bunessiness, not their patients. In other words they are nuts ok.

strugling

Can't stand meds. They make me feel worse than I did before I took them.

The Lord has been helping me. I believe I will be healed in his time. Trying to be patient is hard though.

you r right... its abad thing for us
we are the fatling for doctors and companies
no one of those can feel what we feel or just try it...they use us as asource of profit

KiaKaha

Banned
I dont take any drugs anymore, although I have tried a lot of them. Anti depressants I felt were particularly ineffective... I couldnt tell the difference between whether or not they helping me either. The only thing that worked for me was a benzodiazepine that seemed to help me relax a little.

THeCARS1979

I had stopped all medications and ideas that have to do with medication. I didn't like the fact of going every month to get a prescription refill. If you so happen to stop the medication. You feel awful again and it takes time to go away. I noticed this when i stopped. Sometimes all you may need is a diet change. I took a more natural approach and got better progress. I used to take 5 HTP and or St Johns wort as well but are supplements and not medication.

Last edited:
The only thing that worked for me was benzos anti-anxiety pills which of course work because they are as bad as any street drug. I got addicted to them and started experiencing withdrawls. I was prescribed them for three years and stopped taking them a year ago. I am still recovering!

WeirdyMcGee

I've been trying different medications for assorted things, since I was 15.
So far I've yet to find a single medication that doesn't make me sick and actually does what it's supposed to.

I've also tried a variety of natural treatments, diet changes, habit/lifestyle changes and so far... not much changes.
Might gain or lose some weight but my mood and feelings of sickness never go away.

Still looking for a combination that will help me a tiny bit so that I can attempt to get my life on track towards something.

Medications are not perfect (as they have side-effects).
I find that they work best when used along with a number of other methods (better diet, rid environment toxins, improve thinking patterns, plenty of rest/sleep, etc). I do feel noticeably better when i keep taking them, but sth else "bad" (eg a new house toxin) can quite easily "overwhelm" the subtle benefits of the meds.

razzle dazzle rose

Medications never did work when I was on them for my OCD. I tried a variety of them in different combinations and dosages. Sometimes my symptoms improved, but I feel that was more of a placebo effect when it happened. That placebo effect can be so powerful, can't it? The side effects were too much to deal with as well, so I stopped taking them. But...

I see how they have helped my sister. She is able to function now. She says she isn't sure if it is the pills or her. While all the work is hers, the medication is doing its thing and serving as a buffer between her and the depression she was feeling. When I was on medication I sort of did expect like this very obvious change. Now I see that is not what is supposed to happen. I am once again open to try them, for my anxiety this time. I need that boost. I want a xanax prescription. My sister has given me some and I find that it eases my anxiety without upsetting my stomach; I do get sleepy though...but they help ease my anxiety! So, they "work" for me and that is huge.

What helped my OCD was a combination of things, that did not involve medication or therapists. It was a combination of research, self-monitoring, and a bunch of trial and error. I finally found something that works for me. Basically I have replaced my compulsions with another compulsion/habit that is healthy and doesn't affect me negatively; this took about a year to happen. I am afraid to try medication because they may make my OCD harder to manage and may bring the symptoms back :/ That would not be good!