Maybe stupid question but is there any drug "like"

willder

The only way for my to really socialize is to be drinking alchohol. When I am not drinking I get nervous, get shakey eyes(look around the room nonstop), sweat, skip my words, say stupid things, lock up, can't talk, ect..

When I am drinking ALL of this is gone. I can walk up to anyone on the street and say anything I want. I have no problem leading the conversation (normally there is no possible way for me to do that).

Is there any medication that will have that similiar effect on me?

Like make me loose my ambitions without the retardedness of alchohol.

winnipegjets

Re: Maybe stupid question but is there any drug "like&q

willder said:
The only way for my to really socialize is to be drinking alchohol. When I am not drinking I get nervous, get shakey eyes(look around the room nonstop), sweat, skip my words, say stupid things, lock up, can't talk, ect..

When I am drinking ALL of this is gone. I can walk up to anyone on the street and say anything I want. I have no problem leading the conversation (normally there is no possible way for me to do that).

Is there any medication that will have that similiar effect on me?

Like make me loose my ambitions without the retardedness of alchohol.

xanax.

recluse

You don't want to be reliant on medication o'r alcohol just to be normal, it will ruin your life.

Infected_Malignity

recluse said:
You don't want to be reliant on medication o'r alcohol just to be normal, it will ruin your life.

Absolutely.

Whatever it is you find helps, you're going to find yourself more and more crippled without. You can always try to divert your focus from yourself in social situations, although this method isn't extremely easy to accomplish.

Try this. Look into Binaural Beat therapy. Apparently it can help with quitting addictions, gaining more confidence, being more motivated... whatever. And best of all, it's downloadable - you don't have to go out and 'get it done'. Give it a whirl, it just might work.

aj

Sorry for bumping a fairly old thread, but has anyone tried binaural beat therapy? What presets/schedules did you use? Are there any out there that can help with confidence?

I'd like to give it a try... I figure that if I could get a small boost just to get 'over the hump' it could be very helpful. I'd like to keep away from drugs/alcohol for obvious reasons ;)